Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: ... taking the early 70's Fleetwood for a spin at work  (Read 2263 times)

LiquidOcelot

• WKC Performer
Re: ... taking the early 70's Fleetwood for a spin at work
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2018, 07:44:55 AM »
Damn matt that looks bomb

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

inkaddictedchef1

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2018, 08:46:15 AM »
Outstanding!

Great job, Matt!

Im sure Jim will chime in soon, but overall how’d the event go?

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
The event went well... smaller event than normal but food was well recieved sans the woman who complained the porchetta too fatty and wouldn't touch it. I am used to doing these types of events in downtown Sacramento where eaters are a bit more informed and adventurous with their eating... Roseville is so much more in tune with filet and sea bass, nothing wrong with either, though filet is not on my radar of cuts I enjoy. It's hard to find a balance when you feed 200 plus people the same menu day in day out and then you get the opportunity to offer food from your heart. Oh well you can please some of the people sone of the time, not all of the people all of the time. I found it odd that there were people who had never had shrimp and grits prior to last night and more than happy with how the dish was recieved. The curried lamb meat balls over house smoked fresh mozzarella and green tomato marinara was very well recieved as well. Folks loved the story of the porchetta being cooked on a vintage kettle in the storm of monday and aside the aforementioned lady was very well recieved also. The Smores lollipops over vanilla bean ice cream were fun and may actually land on the menu... it was great to see Jim and Karen and meet his sister and brother in law as well.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

inkaddictedchef1

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2018, 08:46:44 AM »
Damn matt that looks bomb

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
Thanks

inkaddictedchef1

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2018, 08:51:31 AM »
... ah I forgot to make mention. In June we are doing a whiskey dinner teamed with Bullit and Dickel that is bbq themed and will be prepared on vintage kettles

Firemunkee

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #19 on: March 02, 2018, 09:32:11 AM »
Wow all of that looks amazing!

... ah I forgot to make mention. In June we are doing a whiskey dinner teamed with Bullit and Dickel that is bbq themed and will be prepared on vintage kettles

This sounds like it will even more amazing!
Together we'll fight the long defeat.

hawgheaven

• WKC Performer
    • Hawg Heaven Smokin' BBQ
« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2018, 05:27:39 AM »
That's just awesome! Beautiful work chef! 8)
Multiple kettles and WSM's. I am not a collector, just a gatherer... and a sick bastard.

Cellar2ful

« Reply #21 on: March 03, 2018, 08:40:41 AM »
The wine dinner was spectacular. Bravo Matt!  Being able to see Matt's prep photos prior to the dinner gave me a much greater appreciation of the time and work it takes for an event like this.  During the "Shrimp and Grits" and "Lamb Meatballs" course, every time I tasted the smoked cheddar or smoked mozzarella, I kept picturing Matt's photo of the cheese being cold smoked. I could have had a course of just the smoked mozzarella by itself.  My Brother-in-law who is from Oklahoma said the grits were the best he has ever tasted. Yeah, I know people will think "it's just grits" but the flavor and texture was amazing. It was my wife's favorite course.  But of course my favorite was the Porchetta, followed closely by the shrimp and grits.  I collected what my wife and sister could not finish of the Porchetta and will be having it for lunch today.  The Hall and Walt wine pairings were spot on, complimenting each course. 

If you are in the Roseville area, I highly recommend attending one of the special event dinners at Sienna Restaurant. If your not in the area, look up wine dinners or special event dinners at restaurants in your area.  They are a lot of fun and chef's tend to create amazing dishes you won't usually find on a standard menu. 

« Last Edit: March 03, 2018, 08:43:06 AM by Cellar2ful »
"Chasing Classic Kettles"