Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Pork Tenderloin  (Read 973 times)

tmartin

• Smokey Joe
Pork Tenderloin
« on: January 22, 2018, 12:10:38 PM »
I've had a bad cough for the past month that is aggravated by the cold so I haven't lit up the grill in the while.  It warmed up this weekend so I wasn't going to miss a chance to get it going. 

My helper and I emptied three nearly empty bags of briqs to fill the chimney.  Odd mix of Weber, Stubbs and Royal Oak but wanted to free up some storage space. 

Pork tenderloins are thicker at one end than the other.  One solution suggested by Americas Test Kitchen is to tie two tenderloins together to form a more evenly shaped roast.  I've cooked them this way and separately and while the tied "roast" takes longer I do get more evenly cooked results overall so I usually go with this method unless I am in a hurry.  Started indirect for about 30 minutes. 

I glazed the roast with a hoisin based sauce for a bit of an Asian flavor and seared over direct heat till hitting 135, then pulled and rested for a bit.  Gives  that nice bit of pink in the pork that is perfectly fine but freaks out some of the more picky eaters.

Sliced it up and served with more sauce, rice and stir-fried vegetables.  A satisfying return to grilling after about a month of sadly looking out the window at my lonely kettle.

Big Dawg

• WKC Ranger
Re: Pork Tenderloin
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2018, 02:02:47 PM »
I've never tied them together, very neat idea.  I usually trim the tail off and save it for Kabobs later down the road.

Your method looks great ! ! !

BD
The Sultans of Swine
22.5 WSM - Fat Boy
22.5 OTG - Little Man/26.75 - Big Kahuna

mhiszem

• WKC Performer
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2018, 04:21:00 PM »
Looks like it turned out great!

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
WGA, Uline Green SJ, '95 Red M/T, '88 Red 18", '01 Plum SSP, Patent Pending Yellow

Darko

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2018, 05:56:28 PM »
Looks great.

One other option is to fold over the thin end and tie it up to the body of the tenderloin. That gives you the option of doing two different flavours if you're making 2 tenderloins.