Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Freezing rain burgers  (Read 1330 times)

Lightning

• WKC Ranger
Freezing rain burgers
« on: January 13, 2018, 07:09:02 PM »
I guess I'm a sucker for punishment. On my other day off, I had intended to just take it easy.  The plan was to do a loop starting with bunch at a quiet out of the way restaurant, continue on to Ikea to get some furniture for the guest bedroom, then home to make homemade hamburgers for a friend and I.

As with getting the limited edition grill, everything started off fine and then the weather turned. There's definitely something to be said for relaxing over a slow breakfast in a cosy restaurant while watching the snow fly from the warm side of a glass window.  Until it was time to go and I discovered that the snow also included freezing rain.  I got the car started and warmed it up while I scraped the ice off the windows then carefully set out to Ikea over frozen roads. I could see flashing lights ahead through the trees on one of the curves.  A police car came into view, then a smashed car in the ditch, then another smashed car at the side next to the one that went into the ditch. Go figure, two days after getting the red grill...

So, I made it home in one piece after going through Ikea. It's worth mentioning that it turns out that middle of a midweek day with horrible weather is the best time to visit Ikea: hardly anybody shopping and no screaming kids.  And on to the burgers that were the reward for getting through another bad winter day:

You can see the evidence of the freezing rain on the performer table but also more clearly on the lid.  I had to hold the lid above the chimney for a bit after the charcoal lit up to melt the ice off the vent since it had frozen shut.

Moments away from being ready.

The finished burgers didn't last long.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Davescprktl

• WKC Ranger
Re: Freezing rain burgers
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2018, 04:02:06 AM »
Wow man you are a true all weather griller.  Kudos to you!  Those burgers look awesome!
OKP Crimson, 22" H Code Brownie, SJS Lime, 22" CB Stacker, Red Q2200, Performer Deluxe CB slate blue

"If God didn't want us to eat animals, why did he make them out of meat?"  H. Simpson

hawgheaven

• WKC Performer
    • Hawg Heaven Smokin' BBQ
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2018, 04:35:19 AM »
Burgers look fantastic. The weather does not. My ass would have been parked on the warm side of a wall for sure!
Multiple kettles and WSM's. I am not a collector, just a gatherer... and a sick bastard.

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2018, 04:50:58 AM »
Ice age Burgers are looking good
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

WNC

• WKC Performer
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2018, 08:23:35 AM »
Well the burgers do look great!

tmartin

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2018, 10:29:02 AM »
Looks so good

Firemunkee

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2018, 06:03:36 AM »
Looks delicious! Four burgers each? That's how to do

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Together we'll fight the long defeat.

mhiszem

• WKC Performer
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2018, 07:00:15 AM »
Looks delicious! Did you put a sauce on the burgers?

WGA, Uline Green SJ, '95 Red M/T, '88 Red 18", '01 Plum SSP, Patent Pending Yellow

JDD

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2018, 07:44:32 AM »
Nothing like a big juice burger on a cold winter eve, looks great!
May The Smoke Be With You!