Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Pork Butt  (Read 2956 times)

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Pork Butt
« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2017, 08:00:14 AM »
I have a chief... I married her years ago... 8)

Butt looks good!
LOL I married an Aristocrat who thinks She is a Chief
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

kettlebb

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #16 on: December 21, 2017, 09:08:55 AM »
@WNC that first shot with the butt on the grate is the money shot.  Perfect bark color (not too dark and blackend but a nice caramel color) and it looks oh so juicy.  Damn dude, I bet that is some killer eats.
Looking for: Red MBH 26"(The Aristocrat), Chestnut-coppertone (The Estate), Glen-blue (The Imperial), and The Plainsman.

Trent

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #17 on: December 21, 2017, 09:34:33 AM »
Looks great, I do have a question about 15 to 16 hours though. Is there a reason that it took that long? I am not sure if I ever cooked one that long. I am interested in trying it if it makes a difference.

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #18 on: December 21, 2017, 09:46:17 AM »
That weathered warrior is my all time favorite kettle that I’ve seen. I’d take that over my red and blue mbh all day long.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

kettlebb

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #19 on: December 21, 2017, 11:32:00 AM »
@HoosierKettle I'll trade you my faded black for your blue all day long!  I think you'd miss it.
Looking for: Red MBH 26"(The Aristocrat), Chestnut-coppertone (The Estate), Glen-blue (The Imperial), and The Plainsman.

Big Dawg

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #20 on: December 22, 2017, 08:18:29 AM »
The gift that keeps on giving ! ! !

BD
The Sultans of Swine
22.5 WSM - Fat Boy
22.5 OTG - Little Man/26.75 - Big Kahuna

WNC

• WKC Performer
« Reply #21 on: December 22, 2017, 09:06:00 AM »

Looks great, I do have a question about 15 to 16 hours though. Is there a reason that it took that long? I am not sure if I ever cooked one that long. I am interested in trying it if it makes a difference.
I like to go real low and slow, around 225* the whole time, and it just seems to take about that long for the butt to give up.
I like doing it this way cuz it seems to really render out all the fat. If I cook em fast, there seems to be a lot of large chunks of fat that I have to get out while pulling. This way just seems to work for me.

Wahoo95

• WKC Brave
« Reply #22 on: December 22, 2017, 12:46:47 PM »
Just came out to the kitchen and the wife heated some up with runny fried eggs, great way to start the day!

Serve those up on a nice tortilla...that's what I do!

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk