Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Spatchcock chicken and kielbasa and kraut  (Read 947 times)

Davescprktl

• WKC Ranger
Spatchcock chicken and kielbasa and kraut
« on: December 18, 2017, 04:07:59 PM »
I was inspired by @Shoestringshop with his cooking three great meals.  I decided to cook a spatchcock chicken and kielbasa and kraut.  I got a five pound chicken for $5 and change.  Cut out the back bone and applied simple seasoning of salt, pepper and paprika.  Before the seasoning I gave the bird a generous coat of olive oil.  Cooked indirect using El Diablo lump for about an hour and a half until the breast meat reached167.  The kielbasa and kraut was cooked covered and indirect using my kettle as an oven.  I added brown sugar, black pepper and beer.  This is a very popular dish in NE Ohio and esp Pittsburgh where me and my family can from.  Try it sometime you will not be disappointed!

OKP Crimson, 22" H Code Brownie, SJS Lime, 22" CB Stacker, Red Q2200, Performer Deluxe CB slate blue

"If God didn't want us to eat animals, why did he make them out of meat?"  H. Simpson

namtrag

• WKC Brave
Re: Spatchcock chicken and kielbasa and kraut
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2017, 04:58:31 PM »
That looks most excellent!

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

Shoestringshop

• WKC Performer
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2017, 10:08:58 PM »
That looks delicious I have not done kielbasa and kraut for some time now. Next up on my next cook.
Wife said "No more GRILLS in this house!" So I bought a 2nd house!

Jules V.

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2017, 10:28:16 PM »
Great color on that bird.

JV

jeffrackmo

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2017, 03:58:57 AM »
Silly question...  How was it??? It looked awesome!!

Lets just say I have acquired a few Kettles.  Big and small.   Vintage and New...  Some say I have a problem.  I find the Kettle, buy the Kettle, USE the Kettle...No problem...