Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: 2.37lb Ribeye and Cold Smoked Salmon on the Charcoal Go-AnyWhere  (Read 1265 times)

GillingNoob757

• Smokey Joe
2.37lb Ribeye and Cold Smoked Salmon on the Charcoal Go-AnyWhere
« on: November 13, 2017, 08:09:40 AM »
Hey guys, I used the the CGA grill to reverse sear a 2.37lb rib-eye and cold smoke salmon. This little grill is great for small cooks. I’m still trying to find the sweet spot on temps, besides that, its fun cooking on this grill.

Getting the grill ready for reverse sear. I used Royal Oak and monitored grill and meat temps using the InkBird thermometer.

Internal temp was 130 degrees. Set it aside, added more coals to turn up the heat.

Seared both sides for about a 2 minutes, flipping every minute.

Once seared, I put the steak to the side and let it rest for a bit, then pulled it off to let it rest on the cutting board for 10 minutes.

The outside edges were well-done (for the kido’s) and my wife and I got med in towards the middle.

As for the salmon, I cured with salt and brown sugar over night, rinsed, patted dry, and let it sit in the fridge for about 2-3 hours. Cold Smoked it for 8hrs using apple pellets. I tried to keep the temps between 68-86 degrees, but those little pellets generated so much heat that the grill got up to about 115 degrees. It tapered down once the outside temp was in the low 50’s. Besides that, the results were great. Its vacuumed sealed and resting in the fridge now. My wife and I sampled it last night, and its the best one I’ve done so far.

« Last Edit: November 13, 2017, 02:40:37 PM by GillingNoob757 »

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
Re: 2.37lb Ribey and Salmon on the Charcoal Go-AnyWhere
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2017, 08:16:03 AM »
Wow, that's really coo!
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

KettleKing

• Smokey Joe
Re: 2.37lb Ribeye and Cold Smoked Salmon on the Charcoal Go-AnyWhere
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2017, 04:16:39 PM »
Good cook really liked the gifs...like was right there!

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

SMOKE FREAK

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2017, 05:22:03 PM »
Well hell yeah...That's gettin the most out of the little Weber...

I used to have one but I just used it for basic grilling duties...

GillingNoob757

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2017, 05:37:34 AM »
@addicted-to-smoke haha, thanks!

@KettleKing Thanks! I should just make a video, a lot easier than making gifs.

@SMOKE FREAK Its my go to for the moment, until I revert back to my other grills or a new one. =D