Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Florida Meet Up possibility just came up  (Read 13097 times)

Mr.CPHo

• WKC Mod
Re: Florida Meet Up possibility just came up
« Reply #45 on: December 09, 2017, 01:36:12 PM »

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

Mr.CPHo

• WKC Mod
« Reply #46 on: December 09, 2017, 02:28:10 PM »
The Swamp Boys experience was life changing.  We were truly in the presence of Greatness.  Thank you, Rub!

chiku18

• WKC Ranger
Florida Meet Up possibility just came up
« Reply #47 on: December 09, 2017, 02:31:32 PM »
Totally agree with @Mr.CpHo.  We all tasted some of the greatest barbecue food by Rub. It indeed was life changing.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
Looking for Colored 18 MBH

chiku18

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #48 on: December 09, 2017, 02:42:42 PM »

pbe gummi bear

• WKC Mod
« Reply #49 on: December 09, 2017, 02:44:25 PM »
Whoa, I didnt realize this meet up was actually happening. Good show, guys!
"Have you hugged your Weber today?"
Check out WKC on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Weber-Kettle-Club/521728011229791

SixZeroFour

« Reply #50 on: December 09, 2017, 03:06:05 PM »
Looks like a ton of fun - nice work fella's!
W E B E R    B A R - B - Q    K E T T L E

Mr.CPHo

• WKC Mod
Florida Meet Up possibility just came up
« Reply #51 on: December 09, 2017, 03:16:45 PM »
Great to finally meet Plant City Mike seen here fastidiously setting up our group shot. 

« Last Edit: December 09, 2017, 04:01:42 PM by Mr.CPHo »

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #52 on: December 09, 2017, 05:02:27 PM »

Not sure what's more awesome. That suitcase, the bucket of ribs, or the gray CGA.

You mean gga?  Someone check this guy’s credentials.

I'll spare you the effort: I ain't got none!
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

Rub

• WKC Ranger
    • Swamp Boys BBQ
« Reply #53 on: December 10, 2017, 01:30:07 PM »

Thanks guys! I'm finally home and cleaned up from a great weekend. It was the Florida Barbecue Association's annual Fun Cook and I saw an opportunity for us FL/GA guys to get together for a meet up. @Plant_City_Mike  got there first with some his killer kettles. I was really glad to see him because I had overslept by 2 hours and was really late getting my butts and brisket on my drums for the contest. I put Michael to work and he was a big help. @chiku18  and his beautiful family were next to arrive, then @JEBIV  and his wife and finally @Mr.CPHo  and his wife. While I was turning in my contest meats (chicken 11am, ribs noon, pork 1pm, brisket 2pm) they were socializing and checking out the kettles. The weather was bad for FL, with north winds and occasional drizzle. It was cold so we built a fire to help take the edge off. After each turn in I put out my leftovers for everyone to share, so there was plenty of food. Some trades and gifting went on and I was really stoked to come home with 2 lanterns, a Weber coal rake, and a Weber tablecloth! Thanks guys! It was great to get to know these guys and their families. And I can't wait to do it again.
PS: I won Reserve Grand Champion (2nd overall) in the contest, and the FBA Team of the Year for 2017.

Joe checking out the case of lanterns chiku brought

Our site

The guys and the kettles. The one of a kind yellow SJ in the front...yes I got to hold it!

The lovely ladies who tolerate our grills

Swamp Boys '17 FBA Team of the Year

The weather was beautiful this morning! A day late...
« Last Edit: December 10, 2017, 02:26:10 PM by Rub »
In the market for unicorns to complete my collection: Ambassador, Plainsman, Meat Cut, Custom, Blue 18 MBH, Green 18 MBH

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #54 on: December 10, 2017, 03:13:30 PM »
Congrats, Rub!
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

mhiszem

• WKC Performer
« Reply #55 on: December 10, 2017, 03:18:20 PM »
Congrats! Looks like a great time.

WGA, Uline Green SJ, '95 Red M/T, '88 Red 18", '01 Plum SSP, Patent Pending Yellow

pbe gummi bear

• WKC Mod
« Reply #56 on: December 10, 2017, 03:20:01 PM »
Congrats on TOY, @Rub!
"Have you hugged your Weber today?"
Check out WKC on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Weber-Kettle-Club/521728011229791

chiku18

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #57 on: December 10, 2017, 06:17:01 PM »
Congratulations , Rub. My daughters were asking about the result . They will be excited to know !!! Thank you for arranging and we need to do this again.

Mr.CPHo

• WKC Mod
« Reply #58 on: December 10, 2017, 06:36:41 PM »
Congratulations and thank you to Rub, who sent each member home with a custom wood table top and Swamp Boys Rub and Sauce.  Chiku18 made sure members received charcoal rakes and lanterns. 
I also picked up a relay package from Addicted To Smoke via JEBIV, seen here giving us a tutorial on the lanterns whilst never spilling a drop of his cocktail.  Impressive.  I’m the lucky guy who took the gray GGA home... along with yet another 18” WSM, both courtesy of ChikuThis is on top of a 22” WSM to which he alerted me earlier in the week.  Thank you... and I’m seriously running out of room!
I had an awesome time at the meetup yesterday.  But I have to say again, eating Rub’s BBQ was seriously fucking mind blowing.  I am not even kidding.  This morning, I lay awake in bed and all I could think of were his sweet sweet “money muscles”.  Yes, you read that right, gentlemen. 
I had every intention of hanging ribs today using my new gateway hanger and Cajun bandit door and compression latch.  But I couldn’t even feign an attempt at smoking ribs, not after yesterday’s epiphany.  Thankfully Chiku’s daughter caught that moment of enlightenment.  Note the juices running down my chin.
So instead of making ribs today, I apathetically took the family out for tacos, and spent the afternoon cleaning the GGA and replacing its hardware with SS.
Thanks to everyone who attended and looking forward to the next FL/SE meetup.

kettlebb

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #59 on: December 10, 2017, 06:48:47 PM »
Fuckin A boys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Looking for: Red MBH 26"(The Aristocrat), Chestnut-coppertone (The Estate), Glen-blue (The Imperial), and The Plainsman.