Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: GGA and CGA added to the family  (Read 1659 times)

GillingNoob757

• Smokey Joe
GGA and CGA added to the family
« on: November 07, 2017, 09:02:04 AM »
Went to Wal-Mart to pick up a cooler last week Monday, ended up picking up a Go-AnyWhere Gas Grill for $15.00. This grill is something I wouldn’t normally buy, but at $15.00, It was hard to pass up. It was an open box item, so I made sure all the parts were there be fore I bought it. I Put it together after Trick or Treating cooked some Chuck-eye steaks. This little thing is nice! I also made some fried rice to eat with the steaks.

Then this past Friday, I found another deal. Picked up a Weber Go-Any-Where Charcoal grill for $10.00, and its never been used! The lady bought it for her husband, but he didn’t want it because it was too small, so he bought a bigger one. Then it sat in storage unit for over a year. I did a burn-in, then threw some short ribs (5hr cook) and ABT's on it.

Two great deals in one week.

« Last Edit: November 07, 2017, 09:11:23 AM by GillingNoob757 »

Firemunkee

• WKC Ranger
Re: GGA and CGA added to the family
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2017, 09:16:19 AM »
Nice find! Very cool using a GIF as a video! How'd you do that? I think it would be fun to see more of those around here.
Together we'll fight the long defeat.

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2017, 09:56:46 AM »
That’s awesome. Nice scores. Chuckeye is one of my favorites. I paid 25 for a used gas ga. I’m still looking for a charcoal ga.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2017, 10:03:27 AM »
I think the GA is underutilized.
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2017, 11:38:54 AM »
Go Anywhere Whisperer!

At my Way-Mart, whenever they want to clearance something out, they put it in a Clearance section with the same price. But, they DO change the color of the price sticker.

Nice find! Very cool using a GIF as a video! How'd you do that? I think it would be fun to see more of those around here.

Hit the Quote link ... you'll see they are hosted from giphy.com

https://giphy.com/create/gifmaker
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

GoAnywhereJeep

• WKC Brave
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2017, 12:54:35 PM »
Are there Craycort grates in your future? I have a CGA and have had both the CGA and GGA in the older wooden handle models.

Here in cali, we are not supposed to run charcoal on the beaches so i would like to add a GGA to my CGA but have not tried a newer GGA sans the flavorizer and with the Craycorts. The Craycorts for the GGA are specific to the gas model and look a lot like they followed the design of the cast grates on the Q grills.
YouTube channels: GringoBBQ & RubiconFI

Neil_VT00

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2017, 12:56:03 PM »
Great finds! 

Tell us more about your slow and low CGA setup.  Is that just a pile of coal or do you have some sort of separator?  5 hours on one batch of coal?
Wanted: Burgundy 18"

GillingNoob757

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2017, 02:55:23 PM »
@Firemunkee Thanks! @addicted-to-smoke was kind enough to answer the .gif question. I record a 20sec video and upload it to giphy to create the .gif that way. There are apps that have an easier process if you want to look into it.

@HoosierKettle Thanks! When we can find them, we snatch them up. Can't beat that cut of meat for the price and how tender they are.

@JEBIV True, there are some youtubers who do creative cooks. I like WhiteThundersBBQ channel, he does a few cooks on the CGA. Check it out. This is were I got the inspiration to do short ribs on the CGA.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UJ_BbPng-XY

@addicted-to-smoke LOL, hardly. But its a fun grill to cook on.

@GoAnywhereJeep Definitly on my wish list. But for now, I think I'll cut the grate in half so its easier to add more coals when needed.

@Neil_VT00 I used RoyalOak, filled the left side of the grill (maybe even less) with coals, light one corner with a Weber Cube, added small pieces of apple and mesquite wood, then let it get to temp, put the short ribs on at about 275~ degrees. I was chasing temps on this cook as I've never smoked on such a small grill. I thought having the both bottom vents slightly cracked and one of the top vents cracked open, it would hold a low and slow temperature. Nope, I was wrong. I had to open both bottom vents almost wide open and crack the top about 1/4" open to get a steady temp of 275-300ish degrees. Besides that, it was a fun cook and I'll definitely try other meats to smoke on it. I used a  Inkbird IBT-4X to monitor temps. Great little gadget.

LiquidOcelot

• WKC Performer
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2017, 08:48:29 AM »
A cga is on my list of needs I was gifted a gga and love the little thing

Beachdude

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2017, 10:39:11 AM »
I've been wanting to add this little gem to my inventory. If I don't get one for Christmas, then I'll think I'll pick one up after New Year's. Sounds like you got a steal on that one!