Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Pulled pork enchiladas  (Read 1716 times)

Davescprktl

• WKC Ranger
Pulled pork enchiladas
« on: October 29, 2017, 06:27:27 PM »
Used the meat from the butt I cooked from 10-28-17 post to make pulled pork enchiladas.  Simple to prepare.  I used flour tortillas.  Added a portion of meat some cheese and a little bit of sauce.  lined them up in a Pyrex dish and then covered with more sauce and cheese.  The sauce was just El Pato (the yellow can).  They just needed baked till they were bubbling and the cheese was melted.  For that I used my stacker on my crimson as an oven.  Did not want to heat up the kitchen for it is still around 90 degrees outside.  Cooked them around 400F.  The flavor is amazing.  The nice heat in the sauce combined with the smokiness of the pulled pork is outstanding...awesome flavor!  Try it sometime.

« Last Edit: October 29, 2017, 06:57:34 PM by Davescprktl »
OKP Crimson, 22" H Code Brownie, SJS Lime, 22" CB Stacker, Red Q2200, Performer Deluxe CB slate blue

"If God didn't want us to eat animals, why did he make them out of meat?"  H. Simpson

kettlebb

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Pulled pork enchiladas
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2017, 06:37:32 PM »
Those look killer!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Looking for: Red MBH 26"(The Aristocrat), Chestnut-coppertone (The Estate), Glen-blue (The Imperial), and The Plainsman.

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2017, 07:27:30 PM »
Love it.

Is it just me, or does pulled pork lend itself to all sorts of things after the fact? When I do beef or chicken, the seasonings always seem to be needed for the particular intended final dish and then don't translate to another type of flavor dish.
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

kettlebb

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2017, 07:30:31 PM »
Love it.

Is it just me, or does pulled pork lend itself to all sorts of things after the fact? When I do beef or chicken, the seasonings always seem to be needed for the particular intended final dish and then don't translate to another type of flavor dish.

I wasn’t too sure about pulled pork in tacos when it was the only meat option we had. We heated the pork in the bag in hot water, made the tacos and they were damn good!  Smoked pork is probably good anytime on anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Looking for: Red MBH 26"(The Aristocrat), Chestnut-coppertone (The Estate), Glen-blue (The Imperial), and The Plainsman.

Schuey

• WKC Brave
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2017, 12:16:00 AM »
YUM
It wasn't me......Well maybe it was..

SMOKE FREAK

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2017, 04:59:45 PM »
Very nice...
I have used PP in tacos and burritos but for some reason I always go for beef in enchiladas...
I guess it's time to change that...

Davescprktl

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2017, 05:10:15 PM »
Very nice...
I have used PP in tacos and burritos but for some reason I always go for beef in enchiladas...
I guess it's time to change that...

The taste is amazing.  Trust me you have got to try it!
OKP Crimson, 22" H Code Brownie, SJS Lime, 22" CB Stacker, Red Q2200, Performer Deluxe CB slate blue

"If God didn't want us to eat animals, why did he make them out of meat?"  H. Simpson

jcnaz

• WKC Performer
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2017, 08:25:20 PM »
Looks great, Dave!
My wife doesn't like enchiladas, so we make these at work instead. 😁

Sent from my SM-G930V using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

A bunch of black kettles
-JC

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
    • The Kettle Cookers (facebook group)
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2017, 07:19:29 AM »
Looks great!  I do the same thing all the time with pulled pork leftovers! 
62-68 Avocado BAR-B-Q Kettle, Red ER SS Performer, Green DA SS Performer, Black EE three wheeler, 1 SJS, 1 Homer Simpson SJS,  AT Black 26er, 82 Kettle Gasser Deluxe, "A" code 18.5 MBH, M Code Tuck-n-Carry, P Code Go Anywhere, 2015 RANCH FREAKING KETTLE!!!!!!

Dc_smoke309

• WKC Ranger
Pulled pork enchiladas
« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2017, 08:57:43 AM »
I love left over pulled pork.   Nachos are really good
, tacos are good . And now this is on my next list of things to try .... looks really good .

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

1buckie

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2017, 09:51:14 AM »
Love it.

Try angel hair (heavy garlic) spaghetti.....mixed w/ leftover pulled pork sometime.....I did & couldn't stop eating 'till it was gone.... :o
"If you want it fancy there is BBQ spray paint at home depot for that. "
    Covered, damper-controlled cooking.....IF YOU PLEASE !!!
           "But the ever versatile kettle reigned supreme"    

jd

• WKC Brave
« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2017, 12:42:55 PM »
very nice job, I would like to try that also
22.5 Copper kettle
Blue Performer
Copper Performer

Grillagin

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2017, 08:52:46 PM »
Wow!  That looks really good.  I'm going to start doing baked dishes when my new limited edition red arrives.