Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Lollipop Chicken and Lime and Paprika Corn  (Read 2241 times)

Schuey

• WKC Brave
Lollipop Chicken and Lime and Paprika Corn
« on: October 27, 2017, 02:13:28 AM »
Make sure you get a good even cover of dry rub.

After 45 minutes, cover the drumsticks in sauce and add the corn wrapped in foil.

Look at that glaze.

The final product, it always goes down quickly at my house.

Lollipop Chicken and Lime and Paprika Corn

Ingredients:
Chicken drumsticks
Con on the cob
½ a tablespoon of butter per cob
½ a teaspoon of garlic per cob
½ a teaspoon of paprika per cob
½ a lime per cob

Dry Rub Ingredients:
4 tablespoons of paprika
2 tablespoons of garlic powder
1 tablespoon of onion powder
2 teaspoons of chicken salt
2 tablespoons of Master foods Moroccan Seasoning
1 teaspoon of sea salt crushed
½ a teaspoon of black pepper freshly ground

BBQ Sauce Ingredients:
1 cup of ketchup
1 and ½ cups of apple juice
¼ cup of apple cider vinegar
½ cup of brown sugar
4 x tablespoons of Worcestershire sauce
2 x teaspoons of garlic powder
3 teaspoons of onion flakes
1 x teaspoon of salt
½ teaspoon of black ground pepper
¼ teaspoon of cayenne pepper

Directions:
1.Light a chimney of charcoal in a fire starter.

2. Cut off the excess skin from each of the legs and upper knuckles, by slicing around the leg, cutting through the skin and tendons.

3. Mix the dry rub ingredients in a bowl and cover the meat of each drumstick evenly, then place back in the fridge.

4. When coals are ready, put them into a vortex or similar (I use a Kettle Kone), then place the drumsticks around the outer edge of the Weber grill, using indirect heat to cook them for 45 minutes.

4. Mix the BBQ sauce ingredients into a saucepan and bring to the boil, lower the heat and simmer for 15 minutes, to allow it to thicken up a little.

5. Place each cob of corn onto a square of foil. Then top with the butter, paprika and garlic and wrap up.

6. After 45 minutes,  coat each drumstick in the BBQ sauce and place the corn on the grill as well for 15 minutes.

7. After 15 minutes, plate the drumsticks and corn and squeeze lime juice on the corn, then serve immediately.

It wasn't me......Well maybe it was..

Firemunkee

• WKC Ranger
Re: Lollipop Chicken and Lime and Paprika Corn
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2017, 04:00:05 AM »
That looks so delicious! It would go down quickly if it were in front of me too

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Together we'll fight the long defeat.

Bubblehead

• WKC Brave
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2017, 06:23:11 AM »
That looks wonderful.

You just answered the text I sent to my wife earlier asking what we should cook this weekend.

Thank you for sharing the recipe!

deans6571

• WKC Brave
    • Twitter Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2017, 07:01:33 AM »
...love the idea of cutting away the skin at the base of the chicken legs - gives a much better grip when eating them!!

Schuey

• WKC Brave
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2017, 03:11:06 PM »
That looks wonderful.

You just answered the text I sent to my wife earlier asking what we should cook this weekend.

Thank you for sharing the recipe!

My pleasure, the very reason I post these recipes up, so others can have a go at them and I love trying other peoples recipes. I hope you like it :)

SmokeVide

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2017, 03:35:20 PM »
Your posts are always spectacular. Great cooks, great photos, and then recipes, too!
Brian
Seeking: 26 rotisserie

Davescprktl

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2017, 05:18:31 AM »
Great cook and pics as always.  Nice blue!
OKP Crimson, 22" H Code Brownie, SJS Lime, 22" CB Stacker, Red Q2200, Performer Deluxe CB slate blue

"If God didn't want us to eat animals, why did he make them out of meat?"  H. Simpson

robs2

• WKC Brave
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2017, 10:09:10 AM »
Looks awesome. It's in my queue!

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

TheKevman

• WKC Brave
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2017, 11:09:44 AM »
Holy cow! Everything looks great! Thanks for posting the ingredients and recipe too!
A man who has an experience is never at the mercy of a man who has just a theory.

SixZeroFour

« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2017, 11:13:35 AM »

Dayum! That's a great looking plate up right there Schuey!

One question though... do you boil the corn first and then stick it on the grill? 15min seems a bit short for raw?
W E B E R    B A R - B - Q    K E T T L E

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2017, 11:29:35 AM »
... do you boil the corn first and then stick it on the grill? 15min seems a bit short for raw?

I'm gonna wager "no," because the foil accelerates the cook, as does the proximity to the square-Vortex-thing, and also because the kernels might have had just the right amount of slight "crunch" to it that overcooked corn lacks.

But I'd also like to know for sure. Knowing when to add the sides is half the battle!
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

greenweb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2017, 01:52:58 PM »
Looks fantastic! Love the cook pics, listing of Ingredients, and how to. Nicely done.

Schuey

• WKC Brave
« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2017, 01:58:41 PM »

Dayum! That's a great looking plate up right there Schuey!

One question though... do you boil the corn first and then stick it on the grill? 15min seems a bit short for raw?

Nope, don't boil the corn. The foil acts as a steamer as well and accelerates the cooking process.
The corn comes out a little crunchy but I let my kids act as the critics and if they don't like something,
they will let me know. One of their favorite things to eat is corn on the cob and they know if they say they like it, I'll cook it again.
So they have learnt to flat out tell me if it sucks lol

Schuey

• WKC Brave
« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2017, 02:01:00 PM »
... do you boil the corn first and then stick it on the grill? 15min seems a bit short for raw?

I'm gonna wager "no," because the foil accelerates the cook, as does the proximity to the square-Vortex-thing, and also because the kernels might have had just the right amount of slight "crunch" to it that overcooked corn lacks.

But I'd also like to know for sure. Knowing when to add the sides is half the battle!

You were 100% on the mark mate. Just as the recipe or instructions, 15 minutes is more than enough to not only cook and season the corn but to leave it with a slight crunch.
So while the chicken lollipops are basting in the bbq sauce for the last 15 minutes, the corn is cooking and it all finishing at the same time ;)

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2017, 02:19:47 PM »
I'll probably start to do it this way more often, for consistency and probably some time savings. What I'd normally do is essentially roast them and let the charcoal and smoky goodness infuse them. It's my favorite taste of corn but does take longer and risks drying them out and/or burning them sometimes.

But I don't know if roasting is necessarily better than ensuring a decent crunch and steam retention, which is likely more important overall. Just like with baked potatoes, foil to the rescue!
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch