Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Cast Iron shrimp fajitas!  (Read 1290 times)

Davescprktl

• WKC Ranger
Cast Iron shrimp fajitas!
« on: September 26, 2017, 05:28:05 PM »
Love shrimp fajitas!  Fun to make and fun to eat.  This time I decided to cook this dish on my SJ lime with the cast iron skillet.  Used almost a full chimney of KBB.  Once the coals were ready I placed the skillet on the SJ.  It was heated up in no time.  Used some olive oil with the veggies starting with the peppers.  Once the peppers were about half done I dropped in the onion.  Dumped out the veggies on a platter and then started with the shrimp.  My Wife used an amazing marinade which gave the shrimp some zip and a lot of flavor.  The shrimp took almost no time to cook.  Was a fun time and turned out outrageously good. 

OKP Crimson, 22" H Code Brownie, SJS Lime, 22" CB Stacker, Red Q2200, Performer Deluxe CB slate blue

"If God didn't want us to eat animals, why did he make them out of meat?"  H. Simpson

nolch01

• WKC Ranger
Re: Cast Iron shrimp fajitas!
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2017, 05:39:01 PM »
Looks great. Perfect meal for the SJ

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
Cast Iron shrimp fajitas!
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2017, 05:40:04 PM »
Speechless. I haven't thought of using the skillet on the sj or doing shrimp fajitas. Both are catalogued in the must do category after seeing how awesome yours looks. It's funny how much faster cast iron heats up over coals versus our gas range. No comparison. The cast iron heats up in 30 seconds over hot coals.

Davescprktl

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2017, 06:28:12 PM »
Speechless. I haven't thought of using the skillet on the sj or doing shrimp fajitas. Both are catalogued in the must do category after seeing how awesome yours looks. It's funny how much faster cast iron heats up over coals versus our gas range. No comparison. The cast iron heats up in 30 seconds over hot coals.

Your right there!  It heats up lighting quick.
OKP Crimson, 22" H Code Brownie, SJS Lime, 22" CB Stacker, Red Q2200, Performer Deluxe CB slate blue

"If God didn't want us to eat animals, why did he make them out of meat?"  H. Simpson

JDD

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2017, 06:53:15 PM »
Yeah looks good and fun.
May The Smoke Be With You!

Travis

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2017, 09:08:22 AM »
Great color on those shrimp, Dave. Mind sharing the marinade? Do you keep the shrimp intact when making the fajita's or chop them up?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
    • The Kettle Cookers (facebook group)
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2017, 09:20:36 AM »
Great cook Dave!  I've had fajitas on my mind for weeks...think I have everything on hand to make them so maybe tonight is the night.  I have 10lbs of pulled pork I did on Saturday, so I might have to use that instead of shrimp since the gf doesn't like seafood.
62-68 Avocado BAR-B-Q Kettle, Red ER SS Performer, Green DA SS Performer, Black EE three wheeler, 1 SJS, 1 Homer Simpson SJS,  AT Black 26er, 82 Kettle Gasser Deluxe, "A" code 18.5 MBH, M Code Tuck-n-Carry, P Code Go Anywhere, 2015 RANCH FREAKING KETTLE!!!!!!

mhiszem

• WKC Performer
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2017, 09:27:44 AM »
Looks great!

WGA, Uline Green SJ, '95 Red M/T, '88 Red 18", '01 Plum SSP, Patent Pending Yellow