Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Dry rub ribs  (Read 1982 times)

wessonjb

• WKC Ranger
Dry rub ribs
« on: September 13, 2017, 08:58:54 PM »
Did these BB late this evening. Rubbed , spritzed, and a little brushed on melted butter. Smoked for 5 hours around 250-275 with 3 chunks of peach on the WSM 22.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

[attachment deleted by admin]

mhiszem

• WKC Performer
Re: Dry rub ribs
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2017, 10:10:15 PM »
Those look great! Nice smoke ring.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
WGA, Uline Green SJ, '95 Red M/T, '88 Red 18", '01 Plum SSP, Patent Pending Yellow

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2017, 03:58:09 AM »
Dang man, those look incredible. The bark color looks perfect.  What was your rub and spritz?

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2017, 04:04:59 AM »
@wessonjb those look awesome I have been using peach a lot since late last year and has become my favorite
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

kettlebb

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2017, 04:08:37 AM »
@wessonjb those look awesome I have been using peach a lot since late last year and has become my favorite

Same here. I'll use peach whenever I can.

Looking for: Red MBH 26"(The Aristocrat), Chestnut-coppertone (The Estate), Glen-blue (The Imperial), and The Plainsman.

wessonjb

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2017, 04:13:59 AM »

Dang man, those look incredible. The bark color looks perfect.  What was your rub and spritz?

By accident , I dry brined these ribs for 2 days using Killer Hogs rub. Planned on cooking them Monday and seasoned them , then realized all my parts for the WSM was coming in so I held off. I normally foil , but was out , so I just went with it and these ribs we're some of my best . Spritzed every 30-45 minutes after a hour using equal parts apple juice , apple cider vinegar, and water. Towards the last hour or two , I melted a stick of real butter and brushed it on and added a little more rub . 15 minutes before pulling , hit with this awesome finishing rub and the last of the butter. That peach smoke , butter , and combo of rubs was money !

56MPG

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2017, 04:14:36 AM »
I had so many peaches on our biggest tree that it broke off two large branches before I could pick them all. All is not lost - I'll have plenty of peach wood next year!
Retired

wessonjb

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2017, 04:17:38 AM »

I ordered the peach through Fruitawood and was first time using. Love that sweet notes of smoke . 10 lb box for $28 shipped . Great pieces of wood still with the bark

wessonjb

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2017, 04:25:32 AM »
I had so many peaches on our biggest tree that it broke off two large branches before I could pick them all. All is not lost - I'll have plenty of peach wood next year!
Heck yeah. Wish I had a tree lol. Paid 2.80 a lb shipped .

wessonjb

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2017, 04:26:58 AM »
Those look great! Nice smoke ring.

Thanks man. Really happy how these turned out. These went straight from the fridge to the smoker still cold. Think that helped a lot.

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2017, 04:50:51 AM »
@wessonjb thanks for the tip on where you buy I have been paying a hell of a lot more for my peach wood this will save me a bunch of money, Grill buying money for sure!!
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

wessonjb

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2017, 04:53:55 AM »

@wessonjb thanks for the tip on where you buy I have been paying a hell of a lot more for my peach wood this will save me a bunch of money, Grill buying money for sure!!
no problem . Was very happy with the sizes and quality of the wood. Took 4-5 days to ship but for free I can't complain. They will have my business now for sure.

cumminfourya

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2017, 09:22:16 AM »
Those look great!!! I've gotta find me some peach wood know

Yendor

• WKC Brave
« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2017, 10:56:54 AM »
Those ribs look amazing! I can can almost smell that sweet smoke. Try a little whiskey instead of water in your spritz.

wessonjb

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2017, 11:50:25 AM »
Those ribs look amazing! I can can almost smell that sweet smoke. Try a little whiskey instead of water in your spritz.
No whiskey on hand but do have some apple and blackberry shine. Definitely try it next time