Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: A trade has been made  (Read 2256 times)

LightningBoldtz

• WKC Ambassador
A trade has been made
« on: July 25, 2017, 12:00:21 PM »
OK, I thought I would officially make it public

Some of you remember @mattlillis73 scored a Glen Blue a few weeks back.

Well, Matt and I worked out a deal of which will not be disclosed here, was it even, NO, not even close, it is hard to trade evenly when a Glen Blue is involved.  It is currently in the process of getting restored, needs new wheels,etc. I think Matt is happy,  this will never go on ebay, we do have some sidebar agreements as well.

FYI Matt, I will be over to mow your lawn again and take out your garbage again later this week, only 197 weeks left of this.  ;)
I am not a collector, but I do have a small collection.
"You can have everything in life you want if you will just help enough other people get what they want"

Scott Zee

• WKC Ranger
Re: A trade has been made
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2017, 12:09:51 PM »
Dude.......what a catch. Almost makes a guy wanna talk trade...lol     J/K    great that you 2 could pull off a trade. She's a beauty
drink a little drink, smoke a little smoke    8)
It's not just a grill, it's a WEBER

Mr.CPHo

• WKC Mod
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2017, 12:21:22 PM »
Nice, congrats to both parties!!!  I've enjoyed watching these come out of the wild and into new WKC homes.  Great job. 

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

mhiszem

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2017, 12:42:04 PM »
Congrats to both of you @LightningBoldtz @mattlillis73 I bet you both made out on this deal! Hopefully I can see this one in person one of these days.
WGA, Uline Green SJ, '95 Red M/T, '88 Red 18", '01 Plum SSP, Patent Pending Yellow

Rub

• WKC Ranger
    • Swamp Boys BBQ
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2017, 01:02:03 PM »
Congratulations! Trades can be cool.
In the market for unicorns to complete my collection: Ambassador, Plainsman, Meat Cut, Custom, Blue 18 MBH, Green 18 MBH

Rub

• WKC Ranger
    • Swamp Boys BBQ
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2017, 01:37:13 PM »
I would love to see more pics. I think I was less than an hour behind @mattlillis73 on letgo from scoring that one. Looks like a helluva deal for $5!

In the market for unicorns to complete my collection: Ambassador, Plainsman, Meat Cut, Custom, Blue 18 MBH, Green 18 MBH

Bob BQ

• WKC Performer
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2017, 01:44:27 PM »
NICE!
BBQ:it's what's for dinner. Grail: 18” Custom - "The Californian"

Troy

• Statesman
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2017, 01:53:31 PM »
I've seen how you cook man, you're not going to be able to manage that lid with the top metal handle.
I'm not sure what they were thinking, that handle is going to be WAY TOO HOT.
I actually have an oven mitt PERFECT for that grill, but wearing a mitt everytime you need to open the lid would be a hassle.

I don't mind though.

If you want, you can send that inconvenient cooker to me and I'll swap you with a more capable cooker that doesn't require a special heat protective garment...
I'll even cover shipping.

MrHoss

• WKC Performer
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2017, 02:03:25 PM »
I think Troy is correct....but I am closer should you need to unburden yourself. Also the place is becoming far too cluttered so if you need me to meet you at the border just say so....it'll take me an hour and twenty minutes to get there.
"Why do you have so many bbq's?"....."I just like lookin' at em' sometimes....and I have enough purses and shoes"

Troy

• Statesman
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2017, 02:06:46 PM »
I think Troy is correct....but I am closer should you need to unburden yourself. Also the place is becoming far too cluttered so if you need me to meet you at the border just say so....it'll take me an hour and twenty minutes to get there.

I believe the Canadian Safety Regulations prevent the dangerous metal top handle from being imported.

RottiGuy

• WKC Performer
« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2017, 04:47:06 PM »
Congrat's on both sides, what she is all about!

Craig

• WKC Mod
« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2017, 05:02:28 PM »

The city of Omaha is without any Glen Blues...... [emoji17]

On a serious note, lightningboldtz, that's one helluva nice, NO THATS A SWEET BLUE WOOD DALE! I give that a rating of...........FSG! FRIGGIN SWEET GRILL!! [emoji41]

HOLY GRAIL: 1960s Glen Blue aka The Imperial

tb80

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2017, 05:40:05 PM »
Beautiful grill. Glad y'all could make a deal.

Looking for Blue Mastertouch or Blue Performer. 

Currently have: Performer (Green); 22.5 Mastertouch (Red); 26.75 OTG;  22.5 WSM; 18.5 WSM; Jumbo Joe; SJS (Green Uline); SJG (used for Mini WSM); Blue SS Performer; Blue MBH; Summit

mattlillis73

• WKC Brave
« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2017, 06:03:03 PM »
I hope you enjoy the Glen blue @lightningboldtz. I want everyone to know I don't need my head checked. He had a grill I was after and he like many love the Glen blue. To me it's not about the money a rare kettle is worth. It's about what I like. We do have some strings attached to the deal. He named the big one. NO EBAY. This is his to enjoy not profit from. And if he ever is ready to let it go to a new home. To please contact me first.

Sent from my LG-K425 using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Travis

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #14 on: July 25, 2017, 07:32:29 PM »
Nicely done gentlemen. Congratulations to you both. [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk