Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Moral day cook July 18 (pics to come)  (Read 667 times)

eLLWOODgGLEN

• WKC Brave
Moral day cook July 18 (pics to come)
« on: July 14, 2017, 08:57:59 AM »
Planned cook for Tuesday .  Having a moral day with my section at work. Here is the plan.

Pulled pork sandwiches, ribs, steaks,  baby potatoes,  broccoli, corn on the cob

18wsm:
Bone in pork shoulder seasoned and seared with copper sj then smoked

3 racks of ribs, thinking bbq style

Copper 22

Everything else,  hoping to get to use my Craycort griddle grates for something.   

I am planning to start around 7am. I have read to allot at least 30 min/lb with the shoulder or more.  I'll likely start the ribs 1-2 hrs later. 

Since my wsm is missing the water pan I will be going with the 14" clay terracotta pan I have read about.

We will see how well I can put together an entire cookout meal. Let me know if anything in this plan sounds incorrect.

1buckie

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Moral day cook July 18 (pics to come)
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2017, 10:02:43 AM »
I'll usually run shoulder overnite, start 11PM & then hold it hot from 9~11AM (whenever it's done) until 1~2 PM....this is running @ 250~275f.....if cooking way hotter, that will likely give you time, but I like to be well ahead & hold if needed so it's less stress....

Ribs ....plenty of time on site, steaks, how many & think about grill space for those & sides.....just try to map out things in your head so ya don't get jammed up last minute....

I'll write down a "map" of approx. times to start items & about, generally, how long they'll take to do, then see how it plays as the cook unfolds..... ;D
"If you want it fancy there is BBQ spray paint at home depot for that. "
    Covered, damper-controlled cooking.....IF YOU PLEASE !!!
           "But the ever versatile kettle reigned supreme"    

eLLWOODgGLEN

• WKC Brave
Re: Moral day cook July 18 (pics to come)
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2017, 10:28:13 AM »
Thinking of space, I might bring along my thumbscrew 22 to cook the veggies on.

I may start the night before and hang my hammock and sleep on the sports field.

just need one more Weber....
« Last Edit: July 14, 2017, 10:40:21 AM by eLLWOODgGLEN »