Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Tried the snake  (Read 1698 times)

WMT

• WKC Brave
Tried the snake
« on: June 04, 2017, 05:48:19 PM »
Yesterday I thought I would try the snake method to cook some ribs. I've heard lots of people say how easy it was to control temperatures so I thought I would give it a shot. I've smoked lots of stuff on my UDS and its pretty user friendly. I love the UDS for what it can produce, but this weber kettle is an absolute amazing piece of grilling, smoking, pizza cooking equipment. My UDS hasn't been used since I got the kettle and probably won't until I need to smoke a couple different things at the same time and need the space. It can do everything a UDS can do and way more.
I made a 2 wide by 2 high snake around most on the perimeter and once it got up to temp it bounced around between 220-250. Once I had the intake set I never touched it for the entire 7 hour cook. I did some adjustments on the exhaust when the temps started climbing but I'm sure it would have settled back in without any adjustments because it would be stable around 235 for an hour and then climb slightly, but sometimes I just can't leave things alone. I don't think I lit enough birqetts off the start because it took about an hour to get up to temp and stabilized. I only lit 8 so next time I will light 12 or 14 and see what happens. The more I use this kettle the more I like it.

« Last Edit: June 04, 2017, 05:57:31 PM by WMT »

Travis

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Tried the snake
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2017, 06:48:53 PM »
Looks good man. Glad that worked out . Those snakes are perfect for the kettles.

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2017, 08:03:33 PM »
Very nice looking ribs.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

jd

• WKC Brave
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2017, 08:13:29 PM »
those look really tasty
22.5 Copper kettle
Blue Performer
Copper Performer

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2017, 06:43:57 AM »
those look good I love the snake
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

jerr7

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2017, 08:58:56 AM »
i put 15 bricketts and open bottom and top till i hit around 190 deg Then lower top and bottom 1/4 on bottom and 1/4 on-top and and around check temps till i reach my target temp.Your ribs look great nice job:)
jerr7
Weber 22in Touch,Kamado Joe Classic
weber 18 in  kettle
weber Q 10

SMOKE FREAK

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2017, 10:49:01 AM »
Those look VERY good...Makes me want to cook up some ribs...

WMT

• WKC Brave
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2017, 06:05:32 PM »
Thanks guys. They were very good. Fall off the bone, just the way my family likes them. And thanks for the tips. I will try them next time.

hawgheaven

• WKC Performer
    • Hawg Heaven Smokin' BBQ
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2017, 05:41:42 AM »
Me thinks you nailed it! :)
Multiple kettles and WSM's. I am not a collector, just a gatherer... and a sick bastard.