Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: South Western Beer Brats  (Read 944 times)

Davescprktl

• WKC Ranger
South Western Beer Brats
« on: May 07, 2017, 05:57:46 PM »
I have made bath tub beer brats before.  This time I wanted to give it a twist.  Used Dos Equis Amber for the beer.  Threw in about three onions and added coriander, cumin, and chili powder.  For more extra kick I added some El Pato sauce I had left over from the enchiladas we made.  Cooked them indirect, using the old bank and brick, at about 350 ish till I got an internal of 160.  After that I gave them a quick browning directly over the coals.  I used and oven thermo which I stuck in the lip of the foil pan.  Worked great.  The brats took in a nice spicy flavor.  The onions even better. I would do this again.

OKP Crimson, 22" H Code Brownie, SJS Lime, 22" CB Stacker, Red Q2200, Performer Deluxe CB slate blue

"If God didn't want us to eat animals, why did he make them out of meat?"  H. Simpson

Travis

• WKC Ambassador
Re: South Western Beer Brats
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2017, 06:05:34 PM »
Looks awesome Dave! I like the addition of the sauce for a kick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LiquidOcelot

• WKC Performer
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2017, 07:03:43 PM »
damn I know what I'm doing next time my buddies come over

Thrillho

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2017, 09:52:14 AM »
I love me some beer brats, and those look great. Curious, how much could you taste the added hot sauce?

Davescprktl

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2017, 12:42:38 PM »
I love me some beer brats, and those look great. Curious, how much could you taste the added hot sauce?

@Thrillho

The brats infused some of the flavor.  The onions really sucked up the hot sauce and were great with the brat. 
OKP Crimson, 22" H Code Brownie, SJS Lime, 22" CB Stacker, Red Q2200, Performer Deluxe CB slate blue

"If God didn't want us to eat animals, why did he make them out of meat?"  H. Simpson