Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Anyone here able to identify this smoker?  (Read 1806 times)

Chaz

• Happy Cooker
Anyone here able to identify this smoker?
« on: April 24, 2017, 09:12:00 AM »
So I've got my Kettle, but I've been wanting to get a smoker as well. I found this on the Facebook marketplace and messaged the seller. She says it's only been used once (so I figure it can't be that old?) And she says it's a Char-Broil. Off to their website, nothing shown even comes close. Check Char Griller site thinking they're close enough in name to make the mistake, again, nothing on the site even looks close. It's not exact (to current models anyways) but the only smoker I can see that it even looks close to, is a WSM. So is it maybe an older wsm, or is it something else entirely? If the rain here ever stops, I might swing by and check it out, but I'd rather have an idea of what I'm going to see before I take the time to drive to see her. ANY clues would be helpful.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

LiquidOcelot

• WKC Performer
Re: Anyone here able to identify this smoker?
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2017, 10:31:09 AM »
by the lid vent looks possibly kingsford

Harbormaster

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2017, 04:20:01 PM »
It is for sure not a WSM. The WSM design is essentially unchanged since it was introduced.
I've got Webers. 10 - WSMs, 5 - 22.5" kettles, 2 - 18.5" kettle, 2 - SJS, 2 - SJP, 4 - WGA, 1 vintage Coolie Pan
"Animal flesh cooked over an open fire is a sensible and essential part of a well balanced diet"

Chaz

• Happy Cooker
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2017, 05:25:24 AM »
Thanks all. I'm thinking it's probably not worth the 50 bucks she's asking.

cbpeck

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2017, 06:57:08 PM »
That's correct. Not worth $50. To many of us, not worth $20.