Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Easter ham and turkey  (Read 745 times)

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
Easter ham and turkey
« on: April 16, 2017, 04:29:03 PM »
Cooked the ham for 5 hours in the oven at 250 then removed the fat, skin, and rind and scored. Glazed and smoked for an hour. Also did a turkey on the roti for the first time. It was a huge hit.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

SmokeVide

• WKC Ranger
Re: Easter ham and turkey
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2017, 04:44:14 PM »
Excellent.
Brian
Seeking: 26 rotisserie

Travis

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2017, 04:47:04 PM »
Looks great, Hoosier. Killer looking feast and the roti bird on the red mbh! Use some baskets or break down some old baskets and use as a wall so you can prevent crazing on that beauty! You'll appreciate that down the road, my friend. [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WNC

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2017, 05:31:08 PM »
Looks great!
Rotisserie turkey is where it's at, such a big hit at thanksgiving this past year it's the only way we want it now

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2017, 07:44:01 PM »

Looks great, Hoosier. Killer looking feast and the roti bird on the red mbh! Use some baskets or break down some old baskets and use as a wall so you can prevent crazing on that beauty! You'll appreciate that down the road, my friend. [emoji6]

Yes I should have done something to keep the coals off the bowl. I figured 1 basket wouldn't hold enough and wasn't sure how to contain a larger amount. I'll come up with something next time. The 3 wheeler cooked better than the performer using roti. I had 2 vents closed and 1 open. I dont know what temp I was cooking at but it was perfect. I'll put a couple baskets together next time or something.

1buckie

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2017, 10:14:38 PM »

"The 3 wheeler cooked better than the performer using roti."

Yes I should have done something to keep the coals off the bowl. I figured 1 basket wouldn't hold enough and wasn't sure how to contain a larger amount. I'll come up with something next time. The 3 wheeler cooked better than the performer using roti. I had 2 vents closed and 1 open. I dont know what temp I was cooking at but it was perfect. I'll put a couple baskets together next time or something.

"The 3 wheeler cooked better than the performer using roti."

That's interesting........ :D
"If you want it fancy there is BBQ spray paint at home depot for that. "
    Covered, damper-controlled cooking.....IF YOU PLEASE !!!
           "But the ever versatile kettle reigned supreme"    

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2017, 05:09:02 AM »
@1buckie I'm starting to realize everything seems to cook better on the mbh's. They are fantastic cookers.