Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: New Product to Start Grill  (Read 2882 times)

tspin818

• WKC Brave
Re: New Product to Start Grill
« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2017, 07:25:18 AM »
I've been on a weber lighter cube kick. They have really spoiled me compared to using newspaper.  I dropped one in some water the other day and still lit right up.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

me too.  not a fan of all the newspaper remnants flying around and sticking to the sides of the bowl.  At $4 a package on sale I can live with .1666 cens per cook for a cube.
X2.

Sent from my XT1254 using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Holy grail Red Smokey Joe

Vwbuggin64

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2017, 07:50:17 PM »

I've been on a weber lighter cube kick. They have really spoiled me compared to using newspaper.  I dropped one in some water the other day and still lit right up.

me too.  not a fan of all the newspaper remnants flying around and sticking to the sides of the bowl.  At $4 a package on sale I can live with .1666 cens per cook for a cube.
X2.

Sent from my XT1254 using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

X3 use them all the time. Stopped using vegetable oil and paper towels long ago. 

Rollin coal

22" 81 B (Faded Black), 22" 86 H (Black),91 N SJ (black), 18" 65 (Red), 12 AU Tostito SJ , 22" CU (Copper), 22” (Brown)Happy Cooker, Q2000 Charcoal, Weber Spirit, 22in Yellow, 18"WSM, Happy cooker SJ

hawgheaven

• WKC Performer
    • Hawg Heaven Smokin' BBQ
« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2017, 06:59:09 AM »
I learned the Sterno trick from the Slap Yo Daddy BBQ team when I was competing. Once the coals get going, move the chimney and re-lid the Sterno. Reuse is amazingly cheap.
Multiple kettles and WSM's. I am not a collector, just a gatherer... and a sick bastard.

clarissa

• WKC Brave
« Reply #18 on: May 02, 2017, 03:57:57 AM »
We are super pleased with these quick start lighters. It just takes one to light our chimney and very little smoke. The paper made a big smoke screen, and we live in a townhouse, so this is much more neighbor friendly. We get nice hot coals very quickly and have been grilling more frequently because of the convenience.