Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Cooking ribs  (Read 1192 times)

Drakey

• Happy Cooker
Cooking ribs
« on: March 23, 2017, 12:11:06 PM »
Hi guys - I'm a new member (New Zealand) cooking for the family this weekend on Sunday and I plan to do a brisket on my WSM and a pork butt on my kettle with the slow n sear. Really looking forward to it as I've cooked a lot without a slow n sear on the kettle and cant wait to test the end product - and I've never done a brisket at all. If I can work out how to upload some photos of the cook I'll post them and let you know how it went. In the meantime, it's great to read all the posts and the wealth of tips and techniques.

Drakey

Travis

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Cooking ribs
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2017, 12:18:30 PM »
Hello and welcome! You should go over to the introduction section and say hello. Enjoy your cook this weekend!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Drakey

• Happy Cooker
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2017, 01:08:27 PM »
Thanks Travis

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Jon

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2017, 11:02:59 PM »
Looking forward to the pics, Drakey. I'm sure you'll figure out how to post them.

It sounds like a fun cook. You must have a big family because that is a lot of food.

It's your cook, but why don't you put both the brisket and butt in the WSM, and use the kettle for side dishes or ABTs or something?

Drakey

• Happy Cooker
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2017, 11:24:14 PM »
Hi Jon, I'll give it a go and see what happens! I got 6 hungry teenagers amongst the family, they'll deal to a lot of food [emoji3] I'm really looking forward to seeing how the wsm goes as I've only done chicken on it up till now

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app