Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Salmon Salad Smoked in Wood Cherry Paper  (Read 1493 times)

Prof.

• WKC Ranger
    • WeBBQ
Salmon Salad Smoked in Wood Cherry Paper
« on: February 26, 2014, 07:29:35 AM »
Hello friends, yesterday to use the wood paper purchased from a bit of time by a British shop I started to browse the bible Weber and I found a nice recipe , easy, effect , and after eating it I can say very good .

ingredients
1 mango
salt
pepper
4 salmon steaks
2 wood paper
rocket
almonds

vinegrette
2 tbls honey
3 tbls mustard
2 tbls rice vinegar
2 tbls mayonnaise
½ tbls salt
spicy paprika

First I put to soak the sheets of cherry in water for 30 minutes, turned on a little more of a mini chimney of coal and I made the vinaigrette by combining all ingredients in a bowl and I set aside a little to brush the slices . Then I cut the mango in half, removing the core, I made some cuts to the pulp without cutting the skin and put a little olive oil and a pinch of salt and pepper in a paper bag and sealed with foil .
During the preparation of the coals were ready , and while the WKA T was I drained the wood paper , brushed with the vinaigrette aside lies two slices of salmon on each package, and brushed again with kitchen twine I did Packets that I baked live T average for about 3 or 4 minutes per side . After baking I put the mango in direct cooking and left for about 4 minutes. While composing the dish cooked mango and I composed this sequence from bottom to top : rocket, salmon , mango, chopped almonds and then I topped with the remaining vinaigrette but not the one used for brushing that I threw . As a result, in addition to being highly effective was a rare goodness ... the salmon was very moist on the inside and the smoke was feeling but it was not annoying but it was more good luck for the vinaigrette that at the time of the composition of the dish otherwise it was over I had indigestion . I recommend you try the recipe because all the ingredients are combined with each other perfectly , but the vinaigrette was something amazing . Sorry for my bad English

BBQ are never enough

1buckie

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Salmon Salad Smoked in Wood Cherry Paper
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2014, 08:01:07 AM »
"Sorry for my bad English"

Not to worry at all...........

I would never think of describing like this:

"As a result, in addition to being highly effective was a rare goodness ..."

AND....it makes prefect sense.....VERY understandable !!!!!

Tremendous cookup   especially like the vinegarette recipe !!!!
"If you want it fancy there is BBQ spray paint at home depot for that. "
    Covered, damper-controlled cooking.....IF YOU PLEASE !!!
           "But the ever versatile kettle reigned supreme"    

Prof.

• WKC Ranger
    • WeBBQ
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2014, 01:35:08 PM »
Thank you 1Buckie, the vinaigrette was really great .. goes right to one of my favorites. I am happy to have translated quite well, with my English school and google translator I try in every way to share with you all my passion for the world of bbq and especially for the Weber. Thank you for reading
BBQ are never enough

1buckie

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2014, 01:42:55 PM »

Oh.....You Bet !!!

I really enjoy your recipes & the way your dishes are constructed, VERY creative.....................GREAT COOKING.....and on WEBERS !!!!!
"If you want it fancy there is BBQ spray paint at home depot for that. "
    Covered, damper-controlled cooking.....IF YOU PLEASE !!!
           "But the ever versatile kettle reigned supreme"    

Hogsy

• WKC Performer
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2017, 12:55:58 AM »
Tried this recipe tonight.....unbelievable!!!
Thanks @Prof.
I'm only 2 or 3 kettles away from being that creepy guy down the street with all the Webers
                            WKC Collaborator
                        Viva La  Charcoal Revolution

WNC

• WKC Performer
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2017, 01:07:19 PM »
Looks amazing!
Thanks for sharing, love the cherry paper idea, I might have to look for some of those!

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app