Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Upside Down SNS  (Read 2071 times)

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
Upside Down SNS
« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2017, 03:57:52 PM »
Last picture is some drumsticks and no baskets. Just a full chimney dumped on one side works well. No accessories needed [emoji3]

To elaborate, I use a full chimney of kingsford dumped in the baskets in the middle with all vents wide open and coals hot. I place a piece of smoke wood above the coals. Season wings and put them on. You can let go for 30-40 minutes or until skin looks crispy then toss in sauce. Everyone has their own way but that's how I do it.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
« Last Edit: February 28, 2017, 04:03:23 PM by HoosierKettle »

captjoe06

• WKC Performer
    • Northeast BBQ
Re: Upside Down SNS
« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2017, 05:29:33 PM »
To add to @hoosierkettle I find it helps to crisp the skin if you pat dry the wings when they come out of the package with a paper towel.  Then I coat with Peanut oil, then season.

Sent from my iPad using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
Smokey Joe Black, Smokey Joe Lime Green, Original Kettle Premium Black,'92 Red OTS, Yellow Simpson's 22, 78 Red MBH, '80 Black MBH, '10 Brick Red Performer,'12 Grass Green Performer, '03 Blue SSP, '97 Blue SSP, 18 inch WSM

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2017, 05:54:40 PM »

To add to @hoosierkettle I find it helps to crisp the skin if you pat dry the wings when they come out of the package with a paper towel.  Then I coat with Peanut oil, then season.

Sent from my iPad using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Forgot about that. Good tips. I olive oil but I bet peanut oil would be better

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

ABCbarbecue

• WKC Brave
« Reply #18 on: February 28, 2017, 07:04:16 PM »
Mine warped after one proper use of searing. So I'm voting for inverted use.

It's normal for the water reservoir to warp.  Stainless Steel is know to expand when heated and the SnS stainless steel is no different.  It still holds a quart of water and still works as intended.  If it bothers you try getting the OUTER wall of the reservoir as hot as you can with a pile of fully lit charcoal.  That'll expand the outer wall and help straighten things out.

ABCbarbecue

• WKC Brave
« Reply #19 on: February 28, 2017, 07:07:01 PM »
Mine also. Plus bottom grate has warped an separated at center. But ..yes...it still handles the job

Sent from my SM-N910V using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Can you share an image?  It might be the weld you're referring to was a tack weld.

buckeyesmoker

• WKC Brave
« Reply #20 on: March 01, 2017, 04:12:45 AM »
Mine also. Plus bottom grate has warped an separated at center. But ..yes...it still handles the job

Sent from my SM-N910V using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Can you share an image?  It might be the weld you're referring to was a tack weld.
I'll email some pics. Like I said not bashing. I like the performance of the product. An I have not  or have plans on telling anyone not to buy this.
Search of Blue or Green MBH

kettlebb

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #21 on: March 01, 2017, 04:38:06 AM »
I figured it would warp a little. When it's 25 or 30 degrees outside and I throw half a chimney in I think it's inevitable. Maybe we don't notice it as much with the stock charcoal baskets because they are smaller. It still works and is a great product. I highly recommend anyone on the fence to just pull the trigger and buy one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Looking for: Red MBH 26"(The Aristocrat), Chestnut-coppertone (The Estate), Glen-blue (The Imperial), and The Plainsman.