Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Roast Beef in the Rotisserie.  (Read 837 times)

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
    • The Kettle Cookers (facebook group)
Roast Beef in the Rotisserie.
« on: February 12, 2017, 12:36:21 PM »
I did two cooks on Friday night and only managed to get pics of this one. We also had two NY strips and a filet that I put in the sous vide for about 3 hours at 135 then seared on the grill then served with Mac and cheese and grill brussel sprouts.  But I know that since I didn't get pics it didn't happen.

A friend called me up and said he wanted some sliced roast beef for sandwiches.  An hour later I had the rotisserie fired up. One basket of coals and a few hickory chunks did the trick.  The 4 lbs of beef was rubbed with salt, pepper, garlic powder and celery salt.  Cooked to 131 then rested for a bit.  I refrigerated the meat for a couple of hours then sliced it up. Amazing!  This was a really nice piece of beef my buddy got from AJ's which kind of makes Whole-foods look like the dollar store. 

I think I was eye of round. I didn't actually check out the sticker on it.

Looks like I didn't get any actions shots on the grill.

LMAO!  Here is 50 percent of the steak cook that didn't happen since there are no completion pictures.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
62-68 Avocado BAR-B-Q Kettle, Red ER SS Performer, Green DA SS Performer, Black EE three wheeler, 1 SJS, 1 Homer Simpson SJS,  AT Black 26er, 82 Kettle Gasser Deluxe, "A" code 18.5 MBH, M Code Tuck-n-Carry, P Code Go Anywhere, 2015 RANCH FREAKING KETTLE!!!!!!

WNC

• WKC Performer
Re: Roast Beef in the Rotisserie.
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2017, 03:21:49 PM »
That pile of shaved meat looks great!

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app