Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Blade Roast Two Ways  (Read 1249 times)

MrHoss

• WKC Performer
Blade Roast Two Ways
« on: February 02, 2017, 10:13:42 AM »
Picked up a twin pack of blade/chuck roasts at Costco yesterday and am doing it up two ways....Pepper Ale Beef and Jerk Beef. The Ale is a dense beer and while I have done plenty of Jerk chicken and pork using beef is gonna be a new thing here. I grabbed a jar of this:

I divided the chuck roasts in half along the silver skin lines so they were not quite in half. Three of the portions are for the pulled beef and one of the sections is jerked. The meat marinated overnight:

The meat is in the oven at 250f....pull and slice shots will be added when done.
"Why do you have so many bbq's?"....."I just like lookin' at em' sometimes....and I have enough purses and shoes"

SixZeroFour

Re: Blade Roast Two Ways
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2017, 11:26:51 AM »
Hell ya Hoss - that all looks delish!

That's a sweet knife holder too, I really need to get a magnetic one of these days.
W E B E R    B A R - B - Q    K E T T L E

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
    • The Kettle Cookers (facebook group)
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2017, 11:44:58 AM »
That's some mighty edible looking beef!!!!!
62-68 Avocado BAR-B-Q Kettle, Red ER SS Performer, Green DA SS Performer, Black EE three wheeler, 1 SJS, 1 Homer Simpson SJS,  AT Black 26er, 82 Kettle Gasser Deluxe, "A" code 18.5 MBH, M Code Tuck-n-Carry, P Code Go Anywhere, 2015 RANCH FREAKING KETTLE!!!!!!

MacEggs

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2017, 01:09:18 PM »
Damn!  That all looks good … so far.  I like the roasted garlic idea. 

BTW, I just picked up today the same package of beef.  Gonna do some PSB for the big game Sunday.

Look forward to the shredded beef pics.
Q: How do you know something is bull$h!t?
A: When you are not allowed to question it.

MrHoss

• WKC Performer
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2017, 03:12:16 PM »
That all looks good … so far.  I like the roasted garlic idea. 

Got the roasted garlic idea from one of @Scott Zee 's posts. And I did not mess up the rest of the cook........

I normally get the results I want out of beef at 204f. This cook was different. I used the fork twist test to finish so I cannot be sure what temp this went to but I would guess 215ish.

The beef takes the jerk far more completely than either chicken or pork......WOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! Next time I use a lot less boys.

Edit:

Sammich using a pretzel bun:

« Last Edit: February 03, 2017, 06:25:44 PM by MrHoss »
"Why do you have so many bbq's?"....."I just like lookin' at em' sometimes....and I have enough purses and shoes"

Darko

• WKC Performer
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2017, 09:54:22 PM »
I love that Grace Jerk stuff. That looks fantastic.

greenweb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2017, 04:30:15 AM »
Mmm! That looks finger licking good.