Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Snow Day Cook  (Read 918 times)

clb239

• Smokey Joe
Snow Day Cook
« on: January 07, 2017, 07:21:16 PM »
Once the east coast snow storm ended I fired up the kettle for some ribs and pit beans.

First time using the Slow n Sear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Travis

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Snow Day Cook
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2017, 07:25:45 PM »
Nice. A little drip bean action and sear at the end ribbage. What's your thoughts on the sns?

clb239

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2017, 07:51:20 PM »
Nice. A little drip bean action and sear at the end ribbage. What's your thoughts on the sns?

I like the SnS. I have always had issues maintaining a consistent temp with other methods...still had to make occasional vent adjustments but I can see how the SnS makes it easier to maintain consistent temps.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

captjoe06

• WKC Performer
    • Northeast BBQ
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2017, 01:38:46 AM »
What method were you using before when you had a hard time maintaining temps?  I use the snake method and rarely have to adjust more than twice.  I don't sweat it as long as I'm running between 250-300 though.  Maybe you have a smaller tolerance for temp swings that you want to stay between.

Sent from my iPad using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
Smokey Joe Black, Smokey Joe Lime Green, Original Kettle Premium Black,'92 Red OTS, Yellow Simpson's 22, 78 Red MBH, '80 Black MBH, '10 Brick Red Performer,'12 Grass Green Performer, '03 Blue SSP, '97 Blue SSP, 18 inch WSM

clb239

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2017, 02:06:00 AM »
I've tried the snake method and banking the coals. I think in the past I was using too many coals causing the temps to run away on me.

Sent from my iPad using Weber Kettle Club mobile app