Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: New Year's Day Chops  (Read 818 times)

Lightning

• WKC Ranger
New Year's Day Chops
« on: January 02, 2017, 10:21:19 AM »
Yesterday evening was a cool, crisp, clear one right around the freezing mark. The air was fairly still so it didn't feel cold but the ground in the back yard was starting to get crunchy under my feet as it froze.

I started a chimney of Royal Oak briquettes on the black Performer.  You can tell it wasn't a completely still night because the smoke didn't rise straight up as it diffused.

I stayed for a few minutes to make sure they caught before turning the gas ignition off and going back inside to get the food ready.  There is something about quiet evenings with a clear sky and stars overhead and taking in the sight, smell, and the sounds of charcoal starting up.

I put Cluck and Squeal rub on three chops and got some sweet potatoes ready to go into the oven.

The chimney just about ready to dump out.

Chops searing.

The chops are in their final minutes of cooking. Dinner's almost ready.

Cast iron roasted sweet potatoes are finished. The 12" Lodge pan was a Christmas present to myself from one of the Boxing Week sales I went to.

And supper is ready. Some of the leftovers got taken to work for lunch today.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Davescprktl

• WKC Ranger
Re: New Year's Day Chops
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2017, 10:42:10 AM »
Awesome chops...nice and thick.  I always have pork for New Years Day.
OKP Crimson, 22" H Code Brownie, SJS Lime, 22" CB Stacker, Red Q2200, Performer Deluxe CB slate blue

"If God didn't want us to eat animals, why did he make them out of meat?"  H. Simpson

Travis

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2017, 11:34:17 AM »

Looks delish!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2017, 03:15:05 AM »
That looks wonderful. Love the sweet potatoes in the ci

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
    • The Kettle Cookers (facebook group)
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2017, 03:42:24 PM »
Looks good to me!
62-68 Avocado BAR-B-Q Kettle, Red ER SS Performer, Green DA SS Performer, Black EE three wheeler, 1 SJS, 1 Homer Simpson SJS,  AT Black 26er, 82 Kettle Gasser Deluxe, "A" code 18.5 MBH, M Code Tuck-n-Carry, P Code Go Anywhere, 2015 RANCH FREAKING KETTLE!!!!!!