Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Rotisserie chicken  (Read 2570 times)

WNC

• WKC Performer
Re: Rotisserie chicken
« Reply #15 on: December 31, 2016, 04:58:24 AM »

Awesome information need to get rosti

Hands down one of the best investments you can make Speedster.

Agree with Travis ^
I agree too!
I feel like every other gadget or accessory you can cheat/hack and get similar results, except the rotisserie. There's no substituting the self basting crusty goodness that comes from spinning meats on a rotisserie [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Cellar2ful

« Reply #16 on: December 31, 2016, 10:57:48 AM »
I agree too!
I feel like every other gadget or accessory you can cheat/hack and get similar results, except the rotisserie. There's no substituting the self basting crusty goodness that comes from spinning meats on a rotisserie [emoji3]

@Cellar2ful pulled me into this game too. I had owned a few rotisseries before and chickened out every time before using them. That was until Thanksgiving and a meeting with Cellar. Now I use the roti on every cook I can and look to buy meats. I'm planning to upgrade my equipment next and invest in a basket to spin smaller stuff. Here's my turkey, everyone agreed it was the best they ever had. It was really different than what we were all used to, juicy and flavorful in every part. Thanks again Cell!

I have to thank @Travis for getting me into using a rotisserie.   I resold four rotisseries I acquired on CL, before Travis persuaded me to try cooking on one.  I agree with WNC that you can not duplicate the results achieved by using a rotisserie. I am finding I prefer spinning a bone-in rib eye roast now to cooking individual steaks.

I will be spinning a turkey tomorrow on the rotisserie for our New Year's Day dinner.
"Chasing Classic Kettles"

MacEggs

• WKC Performer
« Reply #17 on: December 31, 2016, 11:05:51 AM »
I have to thank @Travis for getting me into using a rotisserie.   I resold four rotisseries I acquired on CL, before Travis persuaded me to try cooking on one.  I agree with WNC that you can not duplicate the results achieved by using a rotisserie. I am finding I prefer spinning a bone-in rib eye roast now to cooking individual steaks.

Absolutely agree!!  I have had a roti for about 1.5 years.  Spinning a bird on it gets amazing results, indeed.  :D

I have been using this method with all the birds since I first experimented with it.   I recommend it.

http://weberkettleclub.com/forums/bbq-food-pics/this-rotisserie-chicken-turned-out-fantastic/
Q: How do you know something is bull$h!t?
A: When you are not allowed to question it.

Lumpy Coal

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #18 on: December 31, 2016, 08:59:33 PM »
Love my roti!  Said it before and I'll say it again.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk