Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Rotisserie Action  (Read 1329 times)

Lightning

• WKC Ranger
Rotisserie Action
« on: November 15, 2016, 09:26:41 AM »
A conversation at work prompted me to look at what pictures I had on my phone. Two of my co-workers have rotisseries. One guy has used his only once to do a chicken and the other has never taken the rotisserie out of its box. I can't really criticize that much given how I bought a Kettle Pizza and then let it sit on a shelf for three years before using it.

While I was showing pictures of what I'd been doing with my rotisserie since I bought it this spring, I thought I'd post s few here.

First use after getting the rotisserie in April:

The second use was a pork roast after the snow came back:

A top sirloin roast spins while vegetables cook underneath:

My most recent rotisserie chicken:

After learning over the course of spinning several chickens over the summer, the last one turned out really well:

I'm overdue for cooking another one actually. It's been since August...

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

jd

• WKC Brave
Re: Rotisserie Action
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2016, 09:40:40 AM »
looks really good to me, thanks for sharing
22.5 Copper kettle
Blue Performer
Copper Performer

Travis

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2016, 12:38:14 PM »
I like how shiny it was in that first picture and then the progression throughout. The ring and the spit getting its "build up" on them for lack of a better word. Mine is exactly the same. That spit sucks to clean!
Also , interesting how your fire setup has evolved from banking on one side with no drip tray to separating and using a tray. I bet cleaning up after that first bird was something!! Open the lid and think "Well... Would ya look at that"!!!! [emoji30]At least I did.
Sure is fun how we all learn and tweek and learn. Great job lightening. Looks great. [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wahoo95

• WKC Brave
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2016, 02:07:21 PM »
Steel wool will clean it off if it really bothers you, but it's not necessary

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Travis

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2016, 12:49:19 AM »
Definitely doesn't bother me!

swamprb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2016, 02:37:03 AM »
I cook on: Backwoods Gater, Lang 36, Hunsaker Smokers, Pellet Pro 22" WSM, BGE's, WSM's, Cajun Bandits, PK Grills, Drum Smokers, Genesis Silver C, Weber Q's, Cookshack 008, Little Chief, La Caja China #2, Lodge Sportsman...oh yeah! Weber Kettles! Kamado restoration and pit modification hack!