Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: First Ribs and a question  (Read 2357 times)

clb239

• Smokey Joe
First Ribs and a question
« on: September 25, 2016, 08:10:27 AM »
Here are the final results from my first ribs on the kettle.

What is the best way to reheat the leftovers?

Clb239

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

go_home_red

• Smokey Joe
    • Analog Schemes
Re: First Ribs and a question
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2016, 08:12:25 AM »
Eat them all so you don't have leftovers? ;-)

I alway just microwave a few at a time.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

kettlebb

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2016, 08:18:15 AM »
Most meat ends up in my toaster oven on 250. When I start to smell the goodness in the living room they are warm enough.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
Looking for: Red MBH 26"(The Aristocrat), Chestnut-coppertone (The Estate), Glen-blue (The Imperial), and The Plainsman.

Travis

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2016, 09:40:28 AM »
I would do them in an oven of sorts. A microwave dries them out. I can't speak for anyone but myself, but reheated ribs are blah...
Your ribs look good man. How did you like them?
Looks like you ran a snake method. Any thoughts?

clb239

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2016, 09:51:27 AM »
Ribs came out great.

I did use the snake method. I'm still experimenting with different methods but i have used the snake the most.

Bustin Butt

• WKC Brave
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2016, 03:37:38 PM »
I agree with Travis that I like to reheat in the oven covered with a little apple juice at the bottom of the pan.

If it ain't smoked don't eat it!

kettlebb

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2016, 05:04:39 PM »

I agree with Travis that I like to reheat in the oven covered with a little apple juice at the bottom of the pan.

Cool. Used to use water. I'll try apple juice next time.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
Looking for: Red MBH 26"(The Aristocrat), Chestnut-coppertone (The Estate), Glen-blue (The Imperial), and The Plainsman.

MINIgrillin

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2016, 06:37:20 PM »
Sauce looks like it got a little burnt. Or is it just the pic? Don't wanna sauce anything above 250 for long. It will burn the sugar in the sauce then you'll be unhappy.
Seville. CnB performer:blue,green,gray. 26r. 18otg. Karubeque C-60.

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
    • The Kettle Cookers (facebook group)
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2016, 06:40:44 AM »
I seal up leftover ribs with my food saver then I simmer them in the bag on low to reheat them.  They taste like they came straight from the grill when reheated that way.
62-68 Avocado BAR-B-Q Kettle, Red ER SS Performer, Green DA SS Performer, Black EE three wheeler, 1 SJS, 1 Homer Simpson SJS,  AT Black 26er, 82 Kettle Gasser Deluxe, "A" code 18.5 MBH, M Code Tuck-n-Carry, P Code Go Anywhere, 2015 RANCH FREAKING KETTLE!!!!!!

EricD

• WKC Brave
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2016, 10:17:13 AM »
I can honestly say I've never had leftover ribs!  But, to re-heat any leftovers I try to use the toaster oven first.  If that's a no go for whatever reason it's the real oven, then the gas grill, then the charcoal grill..if all else fails I'll use the microwave, but I must have a gun to my head first.  I hate food from the microwave!  Except popcorn, that's okay in the microwave.
Nice job on your first ribs! They look nice!
22" Kettle black, 18" Kettle black,Genesis S-310 Stainless Gasser, Genesis Silver Edition Gasser, 22" Weber Smoky Mountain, 28" Blackstone Griddle, Blackstone Pizza oven, Maverick ET-732
ThermaPop, Grillaholics Grill Mat, PizzaQue, Kettle Rotiserrie

MINIgrillin

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2016, 10:27:50 AM »
If the microwave is the only option... place a wet paper towel over the ribs and only use 50% power.
Seville. CnB performer:blue,green,gray. 26r. 18otg. Karubeque C-60.

Travis

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2016, 11:41:33 AM »
I seal up leftover ribs with my food saver then I simmer them in the bag on low to reheat them.  They taste like they came straight from the grill when reheated that way.
That's a good idea there, for sure.

jeffrackmo

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2016, 04:25:46 AM »

That method is called, Sous Vide... [Soo Veed} Great way to reheat Brisket too.   Sous = Cook  Vide = Vacuum.  SImmer for about 20 minutes and WOW!!!   8)  awesomeness right there!!! 

Lets just say I have acquired a few Kettles.  Big and small.   Vintage and New...  Some say I have a problem.  I find the Kettle, buy the Kettle, USE the Kettle...No problem...

Maxmbob

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2016, 05:48:16 PM »
I also reheat in the oven.    I use  apple juice to thin out my favorite BBQ sauce, add the mixture to the  bottom  of the pan and seal it up with aluminum foil and let it steam on a low. temperature.

WTB Original Wood Dale legs, triangle, wheels and legs.Blue SSP,  Blue mbh, Blue Mlh.

WTB, Westerner, glen blue,

pbe gummi bear

• WKC Mod
« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2016, 09:54:10 PM »

+1- a Large ziplock will also do the trick. I think that reheated ribs has more flavor than fresh off the grill. If you reheat them right then impact on texture is minimal.
"Have you hugged your Weber today?"
Check out WKC on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Weber-Kettle-Club/521728011229791