Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Smoking with Corn Cobs  (Read 2002 times)

Hetron

• Smokey Joe
Smoking with Corn Cobs
« on: September 21, 2016, 12:33:22 AM »
Anyone ever used corn cobs to smoke meat?  Thinking about smoking a brined (Morton's curing salt mix)  boneless pork loin.  Any tips or recommendations would be appreciated.

Garvinque

• WKC Brave
Re: Smoking with Corn Cobs
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2016, 05:18:37 PM »
At Tractor Supply the horse bedding is actually made from ground up corn cobs.,,,not bad for smoking and cheap. Just wanted to pass that along......runs about $9 a bag for the 40 pound bag

Best Cob Premium Horse Bedding.

http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/t/149282/bestcob-corn-cob-pellets-for-amnps
LET THE FIRE DO THE WORK! 22 OTG Frankenstein, Jumbo Joe, Weber 26.75 Kettle,Weber Char Q,Weber Baby Blue Q 100, Kamado Joe Jr, Cobb Grill-Both sizes, Southwest Disk Cowboy Wok!

kettlebb

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2016, 05:47:19 PM »
Would not have thought to try that. What flavor does it impart on the meat.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
Looking for: Red MBH 26"(The Aristocrat), Chestnut-coppertone (The Estate), Glen-blue (The Imperial), and The Plainsman.

swamprb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2016, 08:12:24 PM »
Haven't tried corn cobs yet, but this is on my bucket list-a taste 'o the old sod!

http://barbequelovers.com/flavor-enhancers/irish-peat/smoking-with-genuine-irish-peat
I cook on: Backwoods Gater, Lang 36, Hunsaker Smokers, Pellet Pro 22" WSM, BGE's, WSM's, Cajun Bandits, PK Grills, Drum Smokers, Genesis Silver C, Weber Q's, Cookshack 008, Little Chief, La Caja China #2, Lodge Sportsman...oh yeah! Weber Kettles! Kamado restoration and pit modification hack!

kettlebb

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2016, 05:35:54 AM »
I'd like to try that too @swamprb

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
Looking for: Red MBH 26"(The Aristocrat), Chestnut-coppertone (The Estate), Glen-blue (The Imperial), and The Plainsman.

Jon

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2016, 08:26:11 AM »
I haven't tried corn cobs, but peat reminded me of food cooked with hay. A mild, sweet smokey flavor.