Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Birthday Dinner - Stuffed and wrapped pork tenderloin  (Read 2311 times)

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
    • The Kettle Cookers (facebook group)
Birthday Dinner - Stuffed and wrapped pork tenderloin
« on: September 08, 2016, 10:24:10 AM »
I wasn't sure what to grill up for my bday dinner yesterday until I remember having this meal at a restaurant a few months ago.  Found an easy recipe and got to it. 

Pork tenderloin butterflied and pounded out. I trimmed the edges so I had a perfect square of meat.  I rubbed it down with a little EVOO then some salt and pepper follows by chopped garlic, chopped baby spinach (uncooked) and sun dried tomatoes.  Next came some sliced provolone.  In hindsight I would have added more provolone or rolled the tenderloin so that the provolone didn't all end up in the center.  Rolled everything up then wrapped it in prosciutto.  Tucked the prosciutto hanging off of the ends into the roll up to keep things from oozing out, then tied it up. 

Grilled for about an hour indirect using my slow-n-sear around 350 until IT hit 160.  Next time I'll go to 145-150.  It wasn't too dry, but could have been a little less dry for sure.  IT actually went up to 167 once it was off the grill.

Here is the basic recipe I used.  I didn't measure anything so I just used the recipe as a general guide.

Cooked up three strips of bacon in my cast iron skillet on the grill.  Removed the bacon and cooked Brussel sprouts in the bacon grease on the skillet.  Once the Brussel sprouts were done they were topped with Parmesan cheese, lemon juice and crumbled bacon. 

Great meal!  I think I'll have to leave the tomatoes out next time.  I like them but my girlfriend wasn't digging them.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
« Last Edit: September 08, 2016, 10:32:05 AM by MikeRocksTheRed »
62-68 Avocado BAR-B-Q Kettle, Red ER SS Performer, Green DA SS Performer, Black EE three wheeler, 1 SJS, 1 Homer Simpson SJS,  AT Black 26er, 82 Kettle Gasser Deluxe, "A" code 18.5 MBH, M Code Tuck-n-Carry, P Code Go Anywhere, 2015 RANCH FREAKING KETTLE!!!!!!

kettlebb

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Birthday Dinner - Stuffed and wrapped pork tenderloin
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2016, 10:35:22 AM »
Looks great Mike! Happy belated birthday. Is that a Boos block?

Looking for: Red MBH 26"(The Aristocrat), Chestnut-coppertone (The Estate), Glen-blue (The Imperial), and The Plainsman.

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
Birthday Dinner - Stuffed and wrapped pork tenderloin
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2016, 10:40:35 AM »
Looks great Mike! Happy belated birthday. Is that a Boos block?

Thanks!  It is not a Boos Block. It's a piece of butcher block counter top my neighbor gave me.  They had a huge piece sitting around his shop so he asked me what size cutting board I needed and cut it to order.  It fits perfectly between the wall and my oven and is just deep enough to sit in front of my knife block and come right to the edge of the counter. 

Thanks again for the cutting board Greg!

« Last Edit: September 08, 2016, 10:44:49 AM by MikeRocksTheRed »
62-68 Avocado BAR-B-Q Kettle, Red ER SS Performer, Green DA SS Performer, Black EE three wheeler, 1 SJS, 1 Homer Simpson SJS,  AT Black 26er, 82 Kettle Gasser Deluxe, "A" code 18.5 MBH, M Code Tuck-n-Carry, P Code Go Anywhere, 2015 RANCH FREAKING KETTLE!!!!!!

Travis

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2016, 10:42:26 AM »
Oh hells yes! Great lookin spread, Mike. Try a little basil next time with your tenderloin recipe. It goes hand in hand with the sun dried tomatoes. I'm gonna try wrapping mine with that prosciutto wrap next time. Happy birthday bud!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2016, 10:45:54 AM »
Oh hells yes! Great lookin spread, Mike. Try a little basil next time with your tenderloin recipe. It goes hand in hand with the sun dried tomatoes. I'm gonna try wrapping mine with that prosciutto wrap next time. Happy birthday bud!

Thanks Travis!  I'll try Basil next time.  I have a plant and should have thought of that last night!

SixZeroFour

« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2016, 11:32:51 AM »
Happy belated Mike! And the tenderloin looks bloody amazing man!
W E B E R    B A R - B - Q    K E T T L E

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2016, 11:40:01 AM »
@SixZeroFour - Thank you!

blksabbath

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2016, 02:08:36 PM »
Man...that looks really friggin good.  I wonder how roasted red peppers would be in place of the sun dried tomatoes.

Happy bday btw

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2016, 03:05:18 PM »
Man...that looks really friggin good.  I wonder how roasted red peppers would be in place of the sun dried tomatoes.

Happy bday btw

Thanks!   I think roasted red peppers might be amazing! 

Jason

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2016, 04:05:42 PM »
Great looking meal that you made there Mike, Happy Birthday!!!

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2016, 04:21:38 PM »
Great looking meal that you made there Mike, Happy Birthday!!!
Thanks Jason!

Davescprktl

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2016, 04:40:19 PM »
I wasn't sure what to grill up for my bday dinner yesterday until I remember having this meal at a restaurant a few months ago.  Found an easy recipe and got to it. 

Pork tenderloin butterflied and pounded out. I trimmed the edges so I had a perfect square of meat.  I rubbed it down with a little EVOO then some salt and pepper follows by chopped garlic, chopped baby spinach (uncooked) and sun dried tomatoes.  Next came some sliced provolone.  In hindsight I would have added more provolone or rolled the tenderloin so that the provolone didn't all end up in the center.  Rolled everything up then wrapped it in prosciutto.  Tucked the prosciutto hanging off of the ends into the roll up to keep things from oozing out, then tied it up. 

Grilled for about an hour indirect using my slow-n-sear around 350 until IT hit 160.  Next time I'll go to 145-150.  It wasn't too dry, but could have been a little less dry for sure.  IT actually went up to 167 once it was off the grill.

Here is the basic recipe I used.  I didn't measure anything so I just used the recipe as a general guide.

Cooked up three strips of bacon in my cast iron skillet on the grill.  Removed the bacon and cooked Brussel sprouts in the bacon grease on the skillet.  Once the Brussel sprouts were done they were topped with Parmesan cheese, lemon juice and crumbled bacon. 

Great meal!  I think I'll have to leave the tomatoes out next time.  I like them but my girlfriend wasn't digging them.

Is your birthday September 7th?  That's my birthday too!  Great cook as always!  I made ribs yesterday but did not take any pics.  Where did you get that cool cutting board?
« Last Edit: September 08, 2016, 05:59:59 PM by Davescprktl »
OKP Crimson, 22" H Code Brownie, SJS Lime, 22" CB Stacker, Red Q2200, Performer Deluxe CB slate blue

"If God didn't want us to eat animals, why did he make them out of meat?"  H. Simpson

Travis

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2016, 04:50:48 PM »

Is your birthday September 7th?  That's my birthday too!  Great cook as always!  I made ribs yesterday but did not take any pics.

Happy bday to too, Dave!

Davescprktl

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2016, 06:06:45 PM »

Is your birthday September 7th?  That's my birthday too!  Great cook as always!  I made ribs yesterday but did not take any pics.

Happy bday to too, Dave!

Happy bday to too, Dave!

Happy bday to too, Dave!

Happy bday to too, Dave!

@Travis Thank you sir!
OKP Crimson, 22" H Code Brownie, SJS Lime, 22" CB Stacker, Red Q2200, Performer Deluxe CB slate blue

"If God didn't want us to eat animals, why did he make them out of meat?"  H. Simpson

Davescprktl

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2016, 06:09:24 PM »
Sorry about those repeats.  Had to many Dos Equis lol.