Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Just Another Sunday Supper  (Read 811 times)

Matt_T

• WKC Brave
Just Another Sunday Supper
« on: August 02, 2016, 07:47:29 PM »
I'm on my 26r 3-4 times a week but Sunday supper is always different. It's our family's way to close out weekends that end too soon and kick off work weeks that always seem too long. We always invite a few friends or family members over to eat, drink, and be merry! And trust me it's a good time. Here are a few pictures of last Sunday.

This wood bee dove head first into the coals - there was a brief moment of silence given in his honor and then I kept right on cookin'.

After I pulled all of the food off I threw in a blackberry cobbler but only took one picture of it right before it was served.

Another great night and I just wanted to share.
It's truly the highlight of my week every week.

Cheers -

- Keep it simple stupid -

Keep it simple stupid

DarrenC

• WKC Brave
Re: Just Another Sunday Supper
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2016, 04:23:26 AM »
A spectcaular Sunday - there's no better way to invest your leisure time!
"There are a great many things one can learn to do without actually doing them - Grilling is not one of them" - Alton Brown

Travis

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2016, 04:47:39 AM »
Very nice. That is a great tradition. I really like that elevated rack. Is that a weber brand?

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Matt_T

• WKC Brave
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2016, 06:57:23 AM »
@Travis it is not a Weber product. I like the Weber warming rack but I found it to be too small for my needs and I have not been able to get my hands on a Weber elevated half grill (it's on my hunting list). What you see there is a BGE half moon raised rack. I believe it is for the XXL Egg. I saw it at a local hardware store on sale as a unboxed returned item and picked it up and have used it ever since. I cut the front cross support out so I can slide my food and skillets underneath without hitting that support (I saw someone else doing that on the internet and I liked the idea. It came with a drip pan that I have never used - I like my drippings to go into the skillet I have under the rack when I'm cooking drip beans (similar to basement beans but in a different location). It works great for doing things like tons of bacon wrapped anything bites, ribs, a roast, reverse searing steaks, holding skillets away from direct heat, smoking fish, really anything. It just works. Tons of space really stable - also I like that I can slide it around over indirect high heat or on the other side for true indirect heat. If you ever see one I'd say get it...   
Keep it simple stupid

Travis

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2016, 08:07:16 AM »
Cool, thanks Matt. I'm with you on the limited space of Webers newer style elevated rack. Also, keeping an eye out for he old half rack, too.
Thanks for the info.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app