Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Bacon wrapped stuffed Jalepenos  (Read 1254 times)

Loonysup

• Smokey Joe
Bacon wrapped stuffed Jalepenos
« on: July 05, 2016, 10:13:17 AM »
I've been cooking these peppers on my gas grill for a while and they are always the hit of the party.   I've been dying to cook them on the kettle since I switched to charcoal last year and figured 4th of July was the perfect excuse. 

My wife mentioned that last time I made them they weren't spicy enough since I remove the seeds and membranes a little too well.   This time I added some of the seed back in to the cheese mixture.   Also I substituted the Monterey Jack cheese for a jalepeno and habenero Jack.  And just for good measure a dusted the top with a ghost pepper rub I picked up at the farmers market.   I was concerned I may have gone overboard so I ended up brushing them with sweet baby rays while cooking which added a nice sweetness to them.

Ready for the grill

After about 40 minutes (those are applewood and hickory chunks in the center.

Ready to go to the party. 

They were a big hit with only one person mentioning it was too spicy. 

Thanks for looking.

David

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Davescprktl

• WKC Ranger
Re: Bacon wrapped stuffed Jalepenos
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2016, 04:40:03 PM »
Looks awesome!  Great job!
OKP Crimson, 22" H Code Brownie, SJS Lime, 22" CB Stacker, Red Q2200, Performer Deluxe CB slate blue

"If God didn't want us to eat animals, why did he make them out of meat?"  H. Simpson

mirkwood

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2016, 01:24:30 AM »
Nice looking batch of ABT's there. Always a great start to a party...
AT Q 220 / CN Jumbo Joe / DZ 22 OTG / DZ 18.5 WSM / C&B AD Grass Green Performer Platinum / AD Dark Blue Performer Platinum / Black AD Performer Platinum / AD Charcoal Go Anywhere / P code Charcoal Go Anywhere

Welcome to the WKC, it's more than just a web site..

EricD

• WKC Brave
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2016, 11:54:39 AM »
I made a batch of these over the weekend too.   I kept mine more on the mild side though!   Your's look much better than mine did.
22" Kettle black, 18" Kettle black,Genesis S-310 Stainless Gasser, Genesis Silver Edition Gasser, 22" Weber Smoky Mountain, 28" Blackstone Griddle, Blackstone Pizza oven, Maverick ET-732
ThermaPop, Grillaholics Grill Mat, PizzaQue, Kettle Rotiserrie

Travis

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2016, 05:29:10 AM »
Those look great! I've only done them a handle full of times. I prefer spicy myself, but keep them kid friendly mostly. MikeRocksTheRed adds brown sugar to his mix and that really compliments well. My family really like that subtle sweetness coming through.

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
    • The Kettle Cookers (facebook group)
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2016, 08:17:12 AM »
Those look great! I've only done them a handle full of times. I prefer spicy myself, but keep them kid friendly mostly. MikeRocksTheRed adds brown sugar to his mix and that really compliments well. My family really like that subtle sweetness coming through.

LOL.  I was just going to post my regular turds need some brown sugar advisory!

@Loonysup -  Looks great!  I need to start making some spicy ones the way you did.  I  like really spicy food but most of the people I am cooking for don't so I generally don't make a few hot ones for me.  I think that is going to change on my next batch!  Also, if you like ghost peper as much as I do, see if you can get your hands on some ghost pepper sea salt!!!  I have a friend that has some and it is amazing.  I'll see if I can find out more details on that.

62-68 Avocado BAR-B-Q Kettle, Red ER SS Performer, Green DA SS Performer, Black EE three wheeler, 1 SJS, 1 Homer Simpson SJS,  AT Black 26er, 82 Kettle Gasser Deluxe, "A" code 18.5 MBH, M Code Tuck-n-Carry, P Code Go Anywhere, 2015 RANCH FREAKING KETTLE!!!!!!

Loonysup

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2016, 09:11:43 AM »
I would love to pick up some ghost pepper sea salt.    The ghost pepper rub that I get at the local farmers market is great on everything.  Especially grilled fish. 

David

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
    • The Kettle Cookers (facebook group)
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2016, 09:17:41 AM »
I would love to pick up some ghost pepper sea salt.    The ghost pepper rub that I get at the local farmers market is great on everything.  Especially grilled fish. 

David

I just did a quick search online and there appears to be a lot of ghost pepper sea salts out there.

Here is a hot sauce I really like.  The tamarind in it gives it a really interesting flavor and knock down the heat a little bit.  I go through quite a few bottles of this each year.  After just looking at their site for the first time in a few months I see they know have a bunch of pastes as well as ghost pepper salt.  Their saucy lips line is good to.  I've used most of the flavors they have for marinades.
http://saucylipsfoods.com/shopfirelips/ghost

62-68 Avocado BAR-B-Q Kettle, Red ER SS Performer, Green DA SS Performer, Black EE three wheeler, 1 SJS, 1 Homer Simpson SJS,  AT Black 26er, 82 Kettle Gasser Deluxe, "A" code 18.5 MBH, M Code Tuck-n-Carry, P Code Go Anywhere, 2015 RANCH FREAKING KETTLE!!!!!!