Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Time for my first proper cook  (Read 1298 times)

Jimwaggy

• Happy Cooker
Time for my first proper cook
« on: June 17, 2016, 03:18:47 AM »
Hi people,
Greetings from a wet London, England,
I have been a member here for quite a while now and thank you everyone for so many great posts, recipes, and indeed photos, so this weekend I Hope to cook with either my 47cm compact or 57cm kettle, I'm cooking baby back ribs and a pork shoulder, I was going to use a snake method to get my temperature stable at around 250, which I seem to be able to maintain for about 8 hours, any tips from anyone about anything that could help me with the cook would be much appreciated, thanks in advance and hopefully pics, good or bad, will follow Monday.
Jim

Travis

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Time for my first proper cook
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2016, 05:17:48 AM »
Hello Jim! Have yourself an umbrella handy and a few beers!
Have fun with it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yendor

• WKC Brave
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2016, 06:48:35 AM »
As long as you know what temps you're looking for and the bend test on the ribs you should be good. It sounds like you have a solid plan and  8 hours of 250 should be more than enough to get your meats to where you need them. Have fun! Drink a pint or 12 and enjoy.

Davescprktl

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2016, 04:32:18 PM »
Seems like you know what to do already.  The more you cook the easier it gets.  Looking forward to see your results.  Have fun!
OKP Crimson, 22" H Code Brownie, SJS Lime, 22" CB Stacker, Red Q2200, Performer Deluxe CB slate blue

"If God didn't want us to eat animals, why did he make them out of meat?"  H. Simpson

Darko

• WKC Performer
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2016, 10:36:49 AM »
Cook the ribs to 195* IT. They'll be tender and almost fall off the bone, but won't fall off when you pick up the bone.

TheDude

• WKC Performer
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2016, 12:45:07 PM »
Foil wrap the butt at about 165°f. Without the wrap, you'll need a lot more than 8 hours.
Still need a 22” yellow