Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: SCG Mother's Day cook - Salmon and skillet roasted Brussel sprouts and taters  (Read 1121 times)

Bbqmiller

• WKC Ranger
It rained all of last week, but the weather finally broke Sunday afternoon. Wife picked the dishes - time to fire up the summit.

Rendered some bacon in a 12 in skillet

Threw in the sprouts and put the skillet indirect at 400. Cooking indirect works really well in this thing.

Here are the vent settings to maintain 400 - I loaded it up with about a chimney but didn't fire it all up. After lighting for about 7 minutes or so, I lowered the lid and flipped the rapid fire vent (top) full open with lower vent open too.  In this configuration, it essentially acts like a chimney starter. Once it hit around 325, the coals were banked to the side, and the vents were adjusted to maintain 400 (cooking grate was placed on the grill)  Bacon was rendered with the pan over the coals.

Added a 10 inch skillet with potatoes. Potatoes were cut in half and placed in OO, Rosemary, salt, and pepper flat side down.  Good to see both a 10 and 12 CI skillet fit just fine with no clearance issues with the lid.

They were both done after 45 minutes or so.

Taters

Salmon seasoned with a maple sugar based rub - used a couple chunks of alder.  Cooled the cooker to around 350 to cook the fish.

Salmon is done.

The summit delivered another great meal

« Last Edit: May 09, 2016, 02:46:11 PM by Bbqmiller »

jd

• WKC Brave
nice cook very well done.
22.5 Copper kettle
Blue Performer
Copper Performer

Travis

• WKC Ambassador
Man, two skillets and all the room left. Nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WNC

• WKC Performer
Great looking cook, I love seeing the summit cooks!