Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: *Scrap bin snatch and grab*  (Read 2955 times)

swamprb

• WKC Performer
*Scrap bin snatch and grab*
« on: April 18, 2016, 06:23:42 PM »
...or saved from a horrible Heavy Metal death!

Its not much, but I was about to drop some heavy truck brake drums in the scrap metal bin with a fork lift, when I happened to spy this little fella on its side in the bottom.

14" Smokey Joe Tuck 'n Carry "N" 1991

Older than my 2 co-workers that laughed at me when I unceremoniously fished it out! Quick steam clean and its worth saving!

Old age and treachery wins!

I cook on: Backwoods Gater, Lang 36, Hunsaker Smokers, Pellet Pro 22" WSM, BGE's, WSM's, Cajun Bandits, PK Grills, Drum Smokers, Genesis Silver C, Weber Q's, Cookshack 008, Little Chief, La Caja China #2, Lodge Sportsman...oh yeah! Weber Kettles! Kamado restoration and pit modification hack!

Travis

• WKC Ambassador
Re: *Scrap bin snatch and grab*
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2016, 06:29:49 PM »
Looks like she'd make a fine workshop cooker. Cool find

Bob BQ

• WKC Performer
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2016, 06:33:58 PM »
RRR… grate job!
BBQ:it's what's for dinner. Grail: 18” Custom - "The Californian"

mwmac

• WKC Brave
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2016, 06:36:32 PM »
Nice save!
22.5 WSM AH; RedSSP EE; Redhead EE; 26"C; 26" DE; WGA;Black MBH B; Outrider N.

Darko

• WKC Performer
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2016, 08:27:56 PM »
Sweet!!

Red Kettle Rich

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2016, 08:10:26 AM »
Good for you.  Kettle Karma strikes again - too bad it wasn't a WSM 8)
Looking for a RED 26" Kettle & a tabbed no leg RED 22" Kettle near STL. Copper Sam Adams SJ anywhere 8)

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
    • The Kettle Cookers (facebook group)
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2016, 09:07:23 AM »
WTH is wrong with people!!!!!  LOL.  I hope you cook up some good work meals and make whoever tossed it feel the sweet smokey flavor of regret!
62-68 Avocado BAR-B-Q Kettle, Red ER SS Performer, Green DA SS Performer, Black EE three wheeler, 1 SJS, 1 Homer Simpson SJS,  AT Black 26er, 82 Kettle Gasser Deluxe, "A" code 18.5 MBH, M Code Tuck-n-Carry, P Code Go Anywhere, 2015 RANCH FREAKING KETTLE!!!!!!

Harbormaster

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2016, 09:36:19 AM »
You and me @swamprb, dumpster diving kings!

The Taj maWeber is outfitted with loads of dumpster finds.
I've got Webers. 10 - WSMs, 5 - 22.5" kettles, 2 - 18.5" kettle, 2 - SJS, 2 - SJP, 4 - WGA, 1 vintage Coolie Pan
"Animal flesh cooked over an open fire is a sensible and essential part of a well balanced diet"

Hell Fire Grill

• WKC Performer
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2016, 09:38:13 AM »
Your best day at work this week I bet!
You can't always get what you want....but if you try sometimes you get what you need

Darko

• WKC Performer
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2016, 05:14:01 PM »
I have to give props to @swamprb. I PM'd him after this thread came out asking if he would be willing to sell this SJ as it was from my oldest sons birth year.  Brian was kind enough to gift it to me and all I paid for was shipping.

Now, it is sitting in some CLR to clean the rust that is on some legs, and the body is soaking in some degreaser (water & Dawn) to soften some of the buildup.
I can't thank Brian (swamprb) enough. This was a fantastic jesture from one grillfella to another, even though we had never met except for communicating here on the forum.

Thanks so much
Darko

Troy

• Statesman
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2016, 05:16:40 PM »
I have to give props to @swamprb. I PM'd him after this thread came out asking if he would be willing to sell this SJ as it was from my oldest sons birth year.  Brian was kind enough to gift it to me and all I paid for was shipping.

Now, it is sitting in some CLR to clean the rust that is on some legs, and the body is soaking in some degreaser (water & Dawn) to soften some of the buildup.
I can't thank Brian (swamprb) enough. This was a fantastic jesture from one grillfella to another, even though we had never met except for communicating here on the forum.

Thanks so much
Darko

Nice!!!
@swamprb is a legend for a reason!

charred

• WKC Performer
« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2016, 08:17:07 AM »
Cool
hopelessly, helplessly, happily addicted to a shipload of Webers

steviesandwich

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2016, 08:56:18 AM »

Thanks so much
Darko

A STAR!!

Idahawk

• WKC Performer
« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2016, 09:15:19 AM »
One mans trash ......  Way to go Swamp .

your keeping Happy Cookers and giving away Webers must be coming over to the dark side !

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Wanted plum/burgundy 18.5
WTB Color Copies of old Weber Catalogs

Darko

• WKC Performer
« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2016, 11:15:22 AM »
Here it is all cleaned up.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2016, 12:29:53 PM by Darko »