Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Let's see all the unique Genesis grills  (Read 7908 times)

Gpinch1

• WKC Brave
Let's see all the unique Genesis grills
« on: April 15, 2016, 12:12:13 AM »
Would love to start a thread of photos of the unique/rare colors and models of the Genesis.

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Let's see all the unique Genesis grills
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2016, 05:05:52 AM »
Not mine, image stolen from Pinterest but I never see blue for sale around here. Instead it's always black, hunter green or red.

Blue was also available for the larger grills of course.
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

Gpinch1

• WKC Brave
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2016, 05:06:48 AM »
Nice !

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2016, 05:12:58 AM »
I post this not because no one's ever seen a red ...

But I was looking at them yesterday and coulda sworn the red on the SSP was deeper and the red on my 900 here was more orange, and I don't think it's because of the wood slats that are certainly more orange.

I can't make that distinction looking at this digital image, but submit it anyway out of curiosity.

I've now posted two pictures and neither of them are actually Genesis  ;D
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

glrasmussen

• WKC Performer
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2016, 06:03:44 AM »

Gpinch1

• WKC Brave
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2016, 06:05:38 AM »
Excellent glrasmussen !!
There is that unique Platinum with the glass doors. Sure don't see that one much !!
Love your Weber lantern in there too !

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2016, 06:32:08 AM »
I'm diggin' the swanky little iron cart under the Q. What's with the extra tool holders on the bottom of the Platinum's frame? Keeping the doors closed? And if so, is that a mod or Weber's idea? Either way it's clever.

glrasmussen

• WKC Performer
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2016, 07:44:36 AM »
I'm diggin' the swanky little iron cart under the Q. What's with the extra tool holders on the bottom of the Platinum's frame? Keeping the doors closed? And if so, is that a mod or Weber's idea? Either way it's clever.

@addicted-to-smoke

The swanky cart is actually a Woodard cart, probably closest I will get to the real thing :o The extra tool holders? Those are actually the latches that hold the glass in place, Weber engineering.

Gpinch1

• WKC Brave
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2016, 10:03:16 AM »
Lets see some 'Skyline' grills.

Was there every any custom lids done on a Genesis?

jcnaz

• WKC Performer
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2016, 01:22:51 PM »
Here is my Genesis 2,  and a Genesis Junior that is now with @Dale Benson

Here is a better look at my 1985 Genesis 2.

I have never seen another Genesis 2 quite like mine. Notice that the wood on the lower shelf runs lengthwise instead of across the frame. The frame is all welded together and cannot be disassembled for boxing/shipping. No wonder that these were so expensive when they were new, they would have been a distribution nightmare!
Luckily,  I only had to give $15 for it .
« Last Edit: April 15, 2016, 02:04:40 PM by jcnaz »
A bunch of black kettles
-JC

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2016, 02:21:10 PM »
Amazing about the frame! Must have originally come in a box the size of a rear project TV or small fridge. Interesting to think that if that grill hadn't taken off we might not have ever seen the Performer.

So do you cook on it?

jcnaz

• WKC Performer
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2016, 04:46:24 PM »
Amazing about the frame! Must have originally come in a box the size of a rear project TV or small fridge. Interesting to think that if that grill hadn't taken off we might not have ever seen the Performer.

So do you cook on it?
Yes, we use it regularly. I am only at home maybe 15 days each month.  My wife and kids don't share my enthusiasm for charcoal cooking, so they use it when I am at work. I have been known to  grill up a mess of burgers/brats/steaks/chops/etc. on it when I am in a hurry.
I put SS flavorizors from rcplanebuyer, and a cast iron grate from a Genesis Silver.  It is the best gas grill that I have ever used.
When I bought it my plan was to turn it into a work table. I am glad I did some research before I screwed it up!
[emoji51]
A bunch of black kettles
-JC

Hofy

• WKC Brave
« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2016, 07:18:53 PM »
Genesis Silver A right after my wife found it sitting next to a dumpster  last summer.  Free Blue, my favorite color.

EE Kettle, 1974 JBK-360 Key Lime "The Fairway" , DR Genesis Gold

jamesnomore

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2016, 06:26:05 AM »
Red or blue depending on my mood, currently blue to match my performer but kept the red lid just in case.

WTB: Genesis Jr.

mx.kessler

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2016, 11:41:19 AM »

1997 Genesis, picked it up for free, awesome condition.

not done with replacing the old wood (actually plastic). I ran out of wood, have to get some more next week