Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: My new Red Q2200  (Read 2890 times)

Davescprktl

• WKC Ranger
My new Red Q2200
« on: April 11, 2016, 10:52:43 AM »
Years ago I bought the first Q100.  Loved it.  It was my little work horse.  Cooked so many things on it.  Loved how it functioned.  Then through my neglect to clean the inside as well as the drip tray it caught on fire.  It basically got destroyed.  Ended up getting a big ugly four burner (unfortunately not a Weber) and absolutely hated it!  The flare-ups were constant and annoying.  I unloaded it and finally came to my senses and got what I really wanted.  Found the red Q2200 from an Ace Hardware store in NC.  Right now the red Q2200 is hard to find.  Got the rolling cart and a nice cover.  Like the cart alot.  It even included the adapter hose for the propane tank.  The propane tank fits on the back of the cart and has a strap to hold it in place.  My first cook was some hamburgers.  It heated up very quickly and during the cooking I had minimal flare-ups. 

So glad I got back my Q!  See pics...

OKP Crimson, 22" H Code Brownie, SJS Lime, 22" CB Stacker, Red Q2200, Performer Deluxe CB slate blue

"If God didn't want us to eat animals, why did he make them out of meat?"  H. Simpson

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
    • The Kettle Cookers (facebook group)
Re: My new Red Q2200
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2016, 11:58:17 AM »
I just realized I've been scrolling up and down for a solid 3-4 minutes looking at the pics.   Sweet grill!  And even sweeter choice of color!
62-68 Avocado BAR-B-Q Kettle, Red ER SS Performer, Green DA SS Performer, Black EE three wheeler, 1 SJS, 1 Homer Simpson SJS,  AT Black 26er, 82 Kettle Gasser Deluxe, "A" code 18.5 MBH, M Code Tuck-n-Carry, P Code Go Anywhere, 2015 RANCH FREAKING KETTLE!!!!!!

Davescprktl

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2016, 12:20:10 PM »
I just realized I've been scrolling up and down for a solid 3-4 minutes looking at the pics.   Sweet grill!  And even sweeter choice of color!

Thanks bro!  Had to go to great lengths to get it.  Love your mini cooker BTW.
OKP Crimson, 22" H Code Brownie, SJS Lime, 22" CB Stacker, Red Q2200, Performer Deluxe CB slate blue

"If God didn't want us to eat animals, why did he make them out of meat?"  H. Simpson

armpit

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2016, 12:42:24 PM »
I'm guilty of neglecting my Q100 the same way to the same end (massive fire with 4ft flames). Good thing I always grill away from the house. That red looks nice!

Davescprktl

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2016, 01:42:08 PM »
I'm guilty of neglecting my Q100 the same way to the same end (massive fire with 4ft flames). Good thing I always grill away from the house. That red looks nice!

I thought I was the only one who burned one up!  I quickly diconnected the tank and had to use a fire extinguisher.  This time I will clean it more diligently.

mx.kessler

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2016, 09:12:20 PM »

I thought I was the only one who burned one up!  I quickly diconnected the tank and had to use a fire extinguisher.  This time I will clean it more diligently.

no you guys are not, I worked in a Weber Store last summer and we had 2 or 3 Q´s coming in which had burned. Mostly because people never cleaned the grease out and it caught on fire!

pbe gummi bear

• WKC Mod
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2016, 11:27:36 PM »
That's a super nice setup with the cart. Great choice.
"Have you hugged your Weber today?"
Check out WKC on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Weber-Kettle-Club/521728011229791

LightningBoldtz

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2016, 05:10:45 AM »
Q's the best Gassers for a charcoal guys.
I am not a collector, but I do have a small collection.
"You can have everything in life you want if you will just help enough other people get what they want"