Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Red MBH w/ full wood table  (Read 2838 times)

charred

• WKC Performer
Red MBH w/ full wood table
« on: April 08, 2016, 02:47:50 PM »
This was listed over on the Online Find forum...I'd seen it myself via CL searches because I was driving to Indy and OF COURSE I looked along the route In Search Of Weber treasure.  ;D

Instead of calling right away I delayed a couple of days and the seller said there was a guy ahead of me, and that he would let me know. Turns out the first guy only wanted the table (same here, really) and I guess offered less than the $40 asking price, so I agreed to buy both for the $40. The plan was I would call when an hour from his home, which was only 15 mins off my trail. I did so but got no answer. I waited about 10 mins. (I had another 4 hrs to Indy) then went on my way, figuring it was a failed deal. Next gas stop I found two messages from him, called him, and we set up to meet on my return trip, a few days later, and that's what happened.

He bought the grill and table from the original owners at a yard sale a few years ago, and had plans to refinish the table and spiffy up the grill, but ended up buying a Performer and left the grill/table alone.

The kettle/lid are far from pristine and slightly out of round The lid handle has the lean. The table needs a refinish and the set screws that hold the legs are missing. I assume it uses set screws. Overall, though, it's all solid and not too bad at all.

hopelessly, helplessly, happily addicted to a shipload of Webers

indy82z

• WKC Ranger
Re: Red MBH w/ full wood table
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2016, 06:03:46 PM »
Congrats on the score!! I am really glad someone scored that.

Darko

• WKC Performer
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2016, 06:05:23 PM »
Nice score!

1911Ron

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2016, 06:24:38 PM »
I like Redheads!
Wanted: 18" Platinum any color will work
This is my Kettle there are many like it but this one is mine......

Craig

• WKC Mod
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2016, 07:26:39 PM »
That's a nice looking find and setup! Love the classic red MBH's.

Bob BQ

• WKC Performer
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2016, 07:28:27 PM »
The kettle/lid are far from pristine and slightly out of round The lid handle has the lean.

Nice pickup, @charred ! If you decide you don't want the kettle, you may want to hang onto the flat edge ash pan… also, those wheels are in grate shape!

The table needs a refinish and the set screws that hold the legs are missing. I assume it uses set screws. Overall, though, it's all solid and not too bad at all.

The table legs are held on using thumb screws. Here is a good thread to help you with the table restore.
BBQ:it's what's for dinner. Grail: 18” Custom - "The Californian"

WNC

• WKC Performer
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2016, 05:49:30 AM »
Man even with all the "beauty marks" that's a great find! The table alone is worth what you paid.

Travis

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2016, 04:45:10 PM »
Character. I love it.

captjoe06

• WKC Performer
    • Northeast BBQ
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2016, 10:00:53 PM »
Dude,  you're on a tear! How many is that in the last month?
Smokey Joe Black, Smokey Joe Lime Green, Original Kettle Premium Black,'92 Red OTS, Yellow Simpson's 22, 78 Red MBH, '80 Black MBH, '10 Brick Red Performer,'12 Grass Green Performer, '03 Blue SSP, '97 Blue SSP, 18 inch WSM

crumbsnatcher

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2016, 03:43:11 PM »
@charred - the guy ahead of you who wanted just the table and backed out was me.  Sounded like the owner as willing to ship the table to WI, but I backed out after seeing the splitting corner.  I figure if I was going to pay extra to ship, the table needed to be in really good condition. Anyhow, glad to see you got the table.

Look what I stumbled upon last night on CL!  BNIB table!  Just picked up a few min ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk