Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: [Eat the Mistakes] Sausage meatballs, sweet potato fries  (Read 1676 times)

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
[Eat the Mistakes] Sausage meatballs, sweet potato fries
« on: March 31, 2016, 05:46:18 PM »
Made the mistake of first putting some meatballs on the "Flavorizor" part of the grate, right over the burner. Shouldn't matter but it did; other meatballs an inch away didn't cook/burn as fast. Got char marks, the meat wasn't overcooked. The inner burner was turned off but the fries still got overdone. I knew enough to avoid definite hotspots at the 9 and 3 o'clock locations. Just too weird using this thing. Blah.

It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

Hell Fire Grill

• WKC Performer
Re: [Eat the Mistakes] Sausage meatballs, sweet potato fries
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2016, 04:40:05 AM »
Thats the nature of grilling, sometimes the food has more flavor than others.

I'd of ate it too.

You can't always get what you want....but if you try sometimes you get what you need

captjoe06

• WKC Performer
    • Northeast BBQ
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2016, 04:46:53 AM »
@addicted-to-smoke are those store bought frozen fries or do you have some type of gadget that cuts them like that?
Smokey Joe Black, Smokey Joe Lime Green, Original Kettle Premium Black,'92 Red OTS, Yellow Simpson's 22, 78 Red MBH, '80 Black MBH, '10 Brick Red Performer,'12 Grass Green Performer, '03 Blue SSP, '97 Blue SSP, 18 inch WSM

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2016, 04:48:55 AM »
store bought frozen fries, although there are gadgets from about $20 on up that can do that
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

captjoe06

• WKC Performer
    • Northeast BBQ
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2016, 05:16:43 AM »
store bought frozen fries, although there are gadgets from about $20 on up that can do that

How do they come out on the grill?
Smokey Joe Black, Smokey Joe Lime Green, Original Kettle Premium Black,'92 Red OTS, Yellow Simpson's 22, 78 Red MBH, '80 Black MBH, '10 Brick Red Performer,'12 Grass Green Performer, '03 Blue SSP, '97 Blue SSP, 18 inch WSM

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2016, 08:41:17 AM »
On this grill, nothing special. But it's gas and so, adds no meaningful flavor to anything. Of course in the warm months coming up, it keeps heat out of the kitchen but the oven, on a pan does just as well as this. Couple of weeks more and I'll flip it.

Shoestringshop

• WKC Performer
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2016, 12:14:58 PM »
Even with all our skills at grilling we still can have a mistake every now and then. I just eat them to  ;)
Wife said "No more GRILLS in this house!" So I bought a 2nd house!

austin87

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2016, 03:43:03 PM »
That's what you get for using the gasser!

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2016, 06:10:17 AM »
That's what you get for using the gasser!

Yeah I've never been a fan of this Q300 but I'm kinda gettin' jazzed about trying some things on my old 900 gasser in a couple weeks once I get back home to finish my mild cleanup of it.