Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Spicy chicken tacos  (Read 1263 times)

MeatAndPotatos

• WKC Brave
Spicy chicken tacos
« on: January 28, 2016, 05:19:08 PM »
No pics of prep... because I didn't really think to.

But its 1lb of chicken breast cut up into chunks and strip half inch to three quarters in size.
Sauce pan is heated (better yet, dutch oven), then the bottom covered in a thin layer of oil.
Toss the chick in on high heat and stir frequently to sear all sides of the chick chunks, until they go from raw chick color to white or slightly golden all over.
Add a cup of water, and mix in.
Add 3 table spoons of chili powder. I use "Hot chili powder"... All I know about it is it from winco bulk bins, has a warning and contains habanero extract.
Add 1 tbs salt, 1 tbs pepper
halfish garlic powder and another halfish tbs onion.
Mix well and simmer for ~20 minutes.

If there is liquid left, and there should be some... kick up the heat to reduce it to a thick sauce.

Picking up here, after simmer I dropped the dutch oven down directly onto the coal basket.

Stirred regularly to keep from burning.
Yes, I left my dutch oven under my performer, and some rain built up on top of the lid and caused some rust :( Gotta get the grinder out, but all the cooking surfaces are still good. I have the lid of the dutch oven covering a small pan it fits on with the tortillas inside soaking up some of the extra heat from the fire.

Finished chicken.

Tacos. I am a weird guy and don't like all the green and diced onions... So kept it simple with some white rice. These things are HOT. Open sinuses for sure.

(Man... I need to buy some square plates, and start taking diagonal pictures)

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
    • The Kettle Cookers (facebook group)
Re: Spicy chicken tacos
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2016, 12:16:33 PM »
Looks good!  I need to get a CI dutch oven!
62-68 Avocado BAR-B-Q Kettle, Red ER SS Performer, Green DA SS Performer, Black EE three wheeler, 1 SJS, 1 Homer Simpson SJS,  AT Black 26er, 82 Kettle Gasser Deluxe, "A" code 18.5 MBH, M Code Tuck-n-Carry, P Code Go Anywhere, 2015 RANCH FREAKING KETTLE!!!!!!

Harleysmoker

• WKC Brave
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2016, 05:42:50 PM »
Shame on you for letting the Dutch Oven get rusty like that. Maybe check out the Cast iron section for use and care.

The chicken tacos sound good but I like the green cilantro, onions and lime juice on them

3sSecurity

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2016, 06:08:05 PM »
Those look pretty tasty. Definitely begging for some lettuce and pico.

Does the liquid actually get thick without adding any cornstarch or flour?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

MeatAndPotatos

• WKC Brave
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2016, 11:35:24 PM »
Shame on you for letting the Dutch Oven get rusty like that. Maybe check out the Cast iron section for use and care.

The chicken tacos sound good but I like the green cilantro, onions and lime juice on them
lol, yeah... As I said though, just on the top/outside. Still works plenty good. Cast Iron isn't dainty... It will be OK till I take the wire wheel to it. Rather have an ugly piece in heavy rotation then a perfectly seasoned piece of wall art.

Those look pretty tasty. Definitely begging for some lettuce and pico.

Does the liquid actually get thick without adding any cornstarch or flour?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
yeah for sure... though its usually cooked down enough that its not a real liquidy sauce... Maybe not the most appetizing description, but its kinda like mud? lol. But yeah basically just the juices from the chicken, the water and some oil mix with the spices will thicken up pretty decent.