Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Anyone have a good recipe for chicken mole?  (Read 893 times)

austin87

• WKC Ranger
Anyone have a good recipe for chicken mole?
« on: January 29, 2016, 02:06:15 PM »
Chicken mole is one of my favorite dishes. It's got chiles and spices with some chocolate in there and it is to die for. This is more of a stew than a kettle recipe but I thought I could do it in the cast iron DO without the lid on the kettle to get some smoke in there.

I've found a couple highly rated recipes online but didn't know if anyone has a tried and true recipe.

Loonysup

• Smokey Joe
Re: Anyone have a good recipe for chicken mole?
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2016, 02:33:03 PM »
Weber must have heard you....this was their recipe of the week that they emailed me today.   http://www.weber.com/recipes/poultry/chicken-breasts-with-mole-rub?utm_medium=rr-email&utm_campaign=row&utm_source=mailchimp&utm_content=0127161700

David

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

austin87

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2016, 02:50:38 PM »
Weber must have heard you....this was their recipe of the week that they emailed me today.   http://www.weber.com/recipes/poultry/chicken-breasts-with-mole-rub?utm_medium=rr-email&utm_campaign=row&utm_source=mailchimp&utm_content=0127161700

David

I actually saw this and it's what got me thinking. I'll definitely give it a try but I don't know if this could have the depth of flavor I'm going for in the stewed version.

Some of the recipes call for cinnamon, cumin, Mexican oregano, raisins, orange peel, pumpkin seeds, coriander... so lot's of stuff going on there.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2016, 02:52:21 PM by austin87 »

Loonysup

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2016, 02:55:43 PM »
Let me know if you find anything good.   I'd love to give it a try. 

David