Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Good bbq sauce  (Read 1857 times)

weldboy

• WKC Ranger
Good bbq sauce
« on: January 16, 2016, 07:11:07 AM »
Picked up this weber barbecue sauce at the store. With the coupon it was a $1.78. I was pleasantly surprised one of the better barbecue sauces I've had lately

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MacEggs

• WKC Performer
Re: Good bbq sauce
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2016, 07:18:55 AM »
I have to admit that the Weber brand bbq sauces are very good, IMO.  Not a long list of ingredients, either.
Q: How do you know something is bull$h!t?
A: When you are not allowed to question it.

Stringplucker1

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2016, 07:52:41 AM »
They are quite good for the price. No high fructose syrup is a Win for me. Although I'm sure the sugar used instead is still a GMO product.
Which is why I prefer to make my own when I have time. I can control the ingredients, taylor the taste just the way I want, and make a huge batch and Can it in pint ball jars. I want to ingest as little of that GMO crap as humanly possible, which the bio-ag industry has made no easy feat.

C&B Blue Performer

weldboy

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2016, 08:49:41 AM »

Lol actually did just make my own

rich

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2016, 09:54:52 AM »
I've been going straight to Stubbs Original for a while. Never tried Weber sauces, though...

Stu Clary

• WKC Brave
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2016, 10:32:03 PM »
I've made some good sauces, stolen some recipes from friends, but SBR's is my go-to

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2016, 06:29:02 PM »
I'm not a BBQ sauce connoisseur, having grown up with it on seemingly all grilled meats whether they needed it or (probably) didn't. In St. Louis we always had Maull's https://maulls.com and I still like it a lot for its lighter and more vinegar-y profile.

And then I remember the KC Masterpiece revolution and it seems like so many are today are based on that thicker, darker, richer, mega-tomato-y recipe. A while back I needed some sauce, didn't want to have it around because I rarely use it and so bought the cheapest I could find, a bottle of generic grocery store brand BBQ sauce and I'm pretty sure it's the same stuff inside. Really good basically, and what I reach for when a hot dog or corn dog crosses my plate.

And so many of them are flavored now ... I have some kinda hot BBQ in the fridge now, good but too hot for much use, got another jar of something someone gave me unopened yet ... I did buy some Gourmet Warehouse Cherry Jalapeņo that I can heartily recommend. Kinda hot, not super hot, really tasty for the right meat. http://www.gourmetwarehouse.net/bbq-sauces/33-sweet-heat.html
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch