Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Bacon Wrapped Jalapeño and Cheese Sausage Stuffed Pork Tenderloin  (Read 1754 times)

Shoestringshop

• WKC Performer
Alright Grillfellas got the itch to do some "Pork Tenderloin" the other day and said what the hell I'll wrap the dame thing in bacon. Went got the tenderloin and while I was reaching for the bacon I saw "Jalapeño and Cheese Sausage" Wow!

Ok so I get home and do a Simple Cold Brine for 2 hours then after rinsing the tenderloin cut a slit into the end of the tenderloin with a boning knife and then use my large gyro knife cut a pocket into it being very carful not to cut myself ;). Took the sausage and placed inside the tenderloin then wrapped in bacon and seasoned with "Spicecraft" Roast Pork & Chop Seasoning. Smoked for 2 hours with Lump and Apple Wood until internal temp was 145. Let rest for 1 hour then time to eat!

My go to knifes

Seasoning

On the grill

Done  ;D

A lot of the people who had them wanted to know where I bought a tenderloin with the sausage in it already and why I didn't bring more! LOL It was only for a appetizer. Next time I'll do 4 or 6 of them.
Wife said "No more GRILLS in this house!" So I bought a 2nd house!

Big Dawg

• WKC Ranger
Re: Bacon Wrapped Jalapeño and Cheese Sausage Stuffed Pork Tenderloin
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2016, 10:50:39 AM »
Impressive knife skills ! ! !  (Cooking skills ain't too bad either!)

BD
The Sultans of Swine
22.5 WSM - Fat Boy
22.5 OTG - Little Man/26.75 - Big Kahuna

Shoestringshop

• WKC Performer
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2016, 10:56:30 AM »
@Big Dawg Thanks. I really love that gyro knife. My buddy had a restaurant and I bought one from him.

brewtownbeatdown

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2016, 03:59:42 PM »
Kudos. Grate idea.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Obviously looking for a Glen Blue (who isn’t?😂).

Looking for anything Happy Cooker, including any re-branded as Montgomery Ward.  I’ve amassed a nice collection, but I’m missing a few still.  Let me know if you can help a fella out🤞

swamprb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2016, 04:16:16 PM »
How can you go wrong stuffing pork and wrapping in bacon?!! Nice work!
I cook on: Backwoods Gater, Lang 36, Hunsaker Smokers, Pellet Pro 22" WSM, BGE's, WSM's, Cajun Bandits, PK Grills, Drum Smokers, Genesis Silver C, Weber Q's, Cookshack 008, Little Chief, La Caja China #2, Lodge Sportsman...oh yeah! Weber Kettles! Kamado restoration and pit modification hack!

Big Dawg

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2016, 08:04:15 AM »
@Big Dawg Thanks. I really love that gyro knife. My buddy had a restaurant and I bought one from him.

@Shoestringshop, I do basically the same this except that I butterfly the tenderloin, which of course means I have to tie it back.  I've got a pretty decent filet knife, so, you know I'm going to have to give your way a try ! !

BD
The Sultans of Swine
22.5 WSM - Fat Boy
22.5 OTG - Little Man/26.75 - Big Kahuna

austin87

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2016, 02:25:39 PM »
That'll do! That'll do!!!

Hell Fire Grill

• WKC Performer
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2016, 05:34:00 PM »
Nicely done.
You can't always get what you want....but if you try sometimes you get what you need

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
    • The Kettle Cookers (facebook group)
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2016, 07:07:26 AM »
Hmmmm....cut the entire thing open, place the stuffing (sausage in your case), wrap it back up, cook it, have a peice of meat that is bound to fall apart after being sliced....or, cut a slit from the end, stuff, wrap and have a finished product that looks like the damn pigs had sausage growing inside of it.....I'll take whats behind door number 2!!!!!!  Such an easy no brainer way of doing it, yet I've never seen it before.  Your stuffed pork tenderloin and your stuffing method is reason # 529 why this forum kicks ass!!!!  Nicely done @Shoestringshop!
62-68 Avocado BAR-B-Q Kettle, Red ER SS Performer, Green DA SS Performer, Black EE three wheeler, 1 SJS, 1 Homer Simpson SJS,  AT Black 26er, 82 Kettle Gasser Deluxe, "A" code 18.5 MBH, M Code Tuck-n-Carry, P Code Go Anywhere, 2015 RANCH FREAKING KETTLE!!!!!!

Shoestringshop

• WKC Performer
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2016, 03:29:28 PM »
....or, cut a slit from the end, stuff, wrap and have a finished product that looks like the damn pigs had sausage growing inside of it.....I'll take whats behind door number 2!!!!!!  @Shoestringshop!

@MikeRocksTheRed - Like you said simple but looks cool when done.  ;)

WNC

• WKC Performer
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2016, 04:07:33 PM »
Awesome, simply awesome!