Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Deconstructed Kabobs  (Read 1724 times)

BBcue-Z

• WKC Ranger
Deconstructed Kabobs
« on: November 29, 2015, 03:34:08 AM »
I was in the mood for kabobs, but I also wanted to cook on my new 2-burner griddle, so I decided to cook deconstructed Kabobs :)

Started with pork tenderloin and cut them into cubes as I would with kabobs after removing all the silver skin

Added some herbs and spices

I also added cornstarch to help with the browning process

Mixed it up and added crushed garlic, EVOO and Worcestershire sauce

The Veggies

Started with these mini potatoes that were blanched until soft first. I smashed them while grilling them on the flat top. They get real nice and sweet as they caramelize on the griddle. I also had the mushroom on there; I like to cook them separately from the veggies so they’ll brown and not steam.

Added some spices, garlic, oregano, lemon juice and EVOO towards the end of cooking and the potatoes were done quickly

Added the pork pieces next

And they were browning nicely

The cornstarch really worked and got nice caramelization on the meat pieces

Added the veggies next

Returned the meat and mushrooms to the griddle after the veggies were done

Mixed them up, adjusted the seasoning and squeezed some lemon juice on the mixture

And the cooking was done

It was quick and easy meal :) And surprisingly were very good. I’ve always done Kabobs on the skewers over coals; this was the first time doing it this way. I was really happy with the results and I’d make them again :)

WNC

• WKC Performer
Re: Deconstructed Kabobs
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2015, 05:13:49 AM »
That looks like a fantastic plate! Nice new toy too!

Danny C

• WKC Brave
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2015, 02:46:37 PM »
That looks great, what is the brand of your cooktop, I want one!
Danny

BBcue-Z

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2015, 03:30:14 PM »
Thanks WNC :)

@Danny C
Thanks Danny  :)
The griddle is made by Camp Chef. I already had the 2-burner Explorer stove and just added the flat top to it for smaller meals.

I’ve had the 3-burner stove with its matching flat top griddle for a while and I love it!
It’s portable enough to take on camping trips and it’s been with me on many adventures :)

Camp Chef now makes an excellent backyard unit that also doubles as a grill. It has many nice features that the portable units don’t have. If you don’t need one to take on the Rd, then this would be best

austin87

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2015, 08:15:59 AM »
Killer Z!