Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: I need appetizer ideas using pulled pork  (Read 1865 times)

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
    • The Kettle Cookers (facebook group)
I need appetizer ideas using pulled pork
« on: November 24, 2015, 01:07:33 PM »
I am signed up for appetizers for Thanksgiving and was thinking about utilizing some of the pull pork I have leftover from my smoke on Sunday.  I have plenty of it, so it could be something with a little bit of pulled pork, or a lot of it.  Anyone have any suggestions?  My pork has not had any sauce applied to it yet, so that openes up the possibilities quite a bit.

62-68 Avocado BAR-B-Q Kettle, Red ER SS Performer, Green DA SS Performer, Black EE three wheeler, 1 SJS, 1 Homer Simpson SJS,  AT Black 26er, 82 Kettle Gasser Deluxe, "A" code 18.5 MBH, M Code Tuck-n-Carry, P Code Go Anywhere, 2015 RANCH FREAKING KETTLE!!!!!!

mattmountz94

• WKC Brave
Re: I need appetizer ideas using pulled pork
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2015, 01:20:31 PM »
Pulled pork nachos, rotel cups or phyllo cups with pulled pork, mini pulled pork sliders with slaw, pulled pork stuffed potato skins... Just a few that came to mind. Good luck

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2015, 01:27:30 PM »
Was thinking of Frito's scoops with pulled pork and either BBQ or cheese sauce, or maybe a little of both.  Nacho crossed my mind.  Sliders could be good.  Like the stuffed potatoe skins idea!  I think I am in charge of most of the apps, so I can do a bunch of different things.  Think we will be feeding somewhere between 16-20 people.
62-68 Avocado BAR-B-Q Kettle, Red ER SS Performer, Green DA SS Performer, Black EE three wheeler, 1 SJS, 1 Homer Simpson SJS,  AT Black 26er, 82 Kettle Gasser Deluxe, "A" code 18.5 MBH, M Code Tuck-n-Carry, P Code Go Anywhere, 2015 RANCH FREAKING KETTLE!!!!!!

mattmountz94

• WKC Brave
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2015, 03:53:38 PM »
Anything with pulled pork is good

CharliefromLI

• WKC Ranger
    • Long Island Weber Club
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2015, 05:13:34 PM »
@MikeRocksTheRed you're on the right track with those ideas. I was thinking nachos and sliders but the skis idea is awesome too. Nachos and sliders are easy, maybe sampler platter with all of the above?
Starting LineUp: Summit Charcoal Grilling Center, Ranch Kettle, Genesis E310, SJ Gold MiniWSM, the JETTLE,
Alumni: Performer Dlx, 22.5" WSM, 26" OTG, 18.5" WSM, 22" OTP

TheDude

• WKC Performer
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2015, 05:24:31 PM »
All great ideas, especially the Fritos pie kinda thing. I say sauce some up, stuff a fatty with it... Become hero of the day.
Still need a 22” yellow

Jon

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2015, 10:50:29 PM »
"Handful of Pulled Pork."

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2015, 06:04:43 AM »
I think I found a winner, just need to make a few today to see if it's good or not.  I made some chili out of some of my pulled pork last night.  I'm going to put that in some mini phyllo shells topped with some cheddar cheese, back them then maybe at a sliced jalepeno and some sour cream on top.  Also debating doing some sort of cuban sandwich filling in some of them...pork, double smoked ham, stone ground mustard, pickle and swiss cheese.  If those don't work out, sliders and nachos it is!

Tommy B

• WKC Brave
    • @tommybrooker
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2015, 06:38:55 AM »
i like the slider idea. i like to use the Hawaiian sweet rolls. Maybe a drizzle of sauce and onion and pickle. You could even get fancy and tooth pick the onion and pickle and put through the bun so your guest have the option of putting veggies on.
Hotty Toddy!

Idahawk

• WKC Performer
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2015, 06:42:59 AM »
ABTs with pulled pork are great . Crescent roll dough filled with pork make little taco bites . Pulled pork quesadillas are super simple.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Wanted plum/burgundy 18.5
WTB Color Copies of old Weber Catalogs

AcrossFromHoss

• WKC Brave
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2015, 02:07:28 PM »
All great ideas. The mini Cuban sandwiches sound amazing. I may do a butt this week just to make them.
"Seeing pictures of a nice steak without viewing the middle is like seeing a nice pair of tits in a bra. You tease!!!!"
 22.5 black OTG kettle, 18.5 WSM, Jumbo Joe

mrbill

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2015, 08:12:06 PM »
queso con Puerco

make your queso(cheese and hot peppers) add the shredded pork meat, dip whatever you want into the mixture and enjoy.
Seeking New York Giants MT For A Price That Won't Break My Bank