Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: **Hillbilly Heat Shield for the Weber Firepit!**  (Read 1422 times)

swamprb

• WKC Performer
**Hillbilly Heat Shield for the Weber Firepit!**
« on: October 23, 2015, 05:13:03 PM »
I haven't tried Weber CS to see if the Heat Shield for the Weber Firepit is available or not, e-Replacement Parts shows it as a discontinued item, and being the cheap a$$ that I am, not about to find out! 

....so, I took an 18" pizza pan, drilled a hole in each leg and stuck a machine screw and double nutted it, and Voila! The Hillbilly Heat Shield!

For the record, a 16" pizza pan will fit perfectly in the leg tabs for the original heat shield, but since the pan isn't a bowl it rests on the bottom of the firepit bowl.

Not an Official Mod Month 2015 worthy submission, but thats my story and I'm sticking with it!

Follow Left Hand Smoke on FB! https://www.facebook.com/Left-Hand-Smoke-116187658462391/?ref=hl
I cook on: Backwoods Gater, Lang 36, Hunsaker Smokers, Pellet Pro 22" WSM, BGE's, WSM's, Cajun Bandits, PK Grills, Drum Smokers, Genesis Silver C, Weber Q's, Cookshack 008, Little Chief, La Caja China #2, Lodge Sportsman...oh yeah! Weber Kettles! Kamado restoration and pit modification hack!

1911Ron

• WKC Performer
Re: **Hillbilly Heat Shield for the Weber Firepit!**
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2015, 07:58:58 PM »
Nice!
Wanted: 18" Platinum any color will work
This is my Kettle there are many like it but this one is mine......

Santo

• WKC Brave
Re: **Hillbilly Heat Shield for the Weber Firepit!**
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2015, 08:59:45 PM »
Nice ingenuity, looks almost factory from a few feet back.