Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: When to use charcoal baskets?  (Read 2004 times)

jcnaz

• WKC Performer
When to use charcoal baskets?
« on: August 18, 2015, 05:31:55 AM »
I ran across this short article about using/not using charcoal baskets. Good information, especially for folks that are new to the Weber Kettle world.

http://dadcooksdinner.com/2015/08/when-to-use-charcoal-baskets-and-when-to-skip-them.html/#comment-11989
A bunch of black kettles
-JC

1911Ron

• WKC Performer
Re: When to use charcoal baskets?
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2015, 06:55:27 PM »
Pretty fair assessment, thanks for sharing!
Wanted: 18" Platinum any color will work
This is my Kettle there are many like it but this one is mine......

Texmech

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2015, 04:09:12 AM »
I pretty much use mine all the time, but agree with his suggestions when not to. I did see something on a You Tube cooking demo about avoiding putting hot coals from a chimney starter directly against the kettle as it my damage the finish, but the unlit coals that start burning from the chimney starter hot coals will not get hot enough to do any kettle finish damage. Not sure if that is true.
Tex

MacEggs

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2015, 02:34:31 PM »
When I am not employing the snake / fuse method, I use baskets.
And even that can be done using baskets.
Q: How do you know something is bull$h!t?
A: When you are not allowed to question it.

huntergreen

• WKC Brave
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2015, 09:54:03 AM »
I pretty much use mine all the time, but agree with his suggestions when not to. I did see something on a You Tube cooking demo about avoiding putting hot coals from a chimney starter directly against the kettle as it my damage the finish, but the unlit coals that start burning from the chimney starter hot coals will not get hot enough to do any kettle finish damage. Not sure if that is true.

agree completely. hot coals from a starter hasnt damaged the finish on my 20 y/o green master touch.