Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: looking for some help on the value of this grill  (Read 4324 times)

Maxmbob

• WKC Ranger
looking for some help on the value of this grill
« on: July 28, 2015, 12:11:05 PM »
Hello everyone,  I am looking for the ballpark value of this grill.  It is listed on CL for $150.00. I'm just wondering if it is a fair price.

Thanks for your help.
Bob
« Last Edit: July 28, 2015, 03:06:11 PM by Maxmbob »
WTB, Westerner, glen blue,

posey.brad

• Smokey Joe
Re: looking for some help on the value of this grill
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2015, 03:38:54 PM »
Hey Bob- I'm a new guy here but I'll chime in with my thoughts. The older guys have probably said it a lot. Value is based on what you'll pay for the grill. That's a different amount for all of us. I would pass on this grill because I'm not really into gassers, but if I was I would want a 3 burner with wooden slats that I could fix up. Just my 2 cents.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Erictag

• WKC Brave
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2015, 05:52:04 PM »
That's a good looking grill, but I would wait for a three burner.  The extra burner has a lot of benefit to your cooks. 

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

jeffinsgf

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2015, 06:41:16 PM »
Clean looking, not a completely unreasonable price, but I agree that a 3 burner would be preferable, and aesthetically, I would hold out for wooden tables.

Heyjude

• WKC Performer
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2015, 08:01:07 PM »
As a two burner, no real value. As a blue 2 burner, a bit more.
These are decent grills for a small family. But I would recommend Cast Iron grates.
$50 is what I would pay if everything is good inside.
You're buying the blue lid, that's about it.
Really, price is regional. We see these as freebies all the time in California. Rarely in blue, so that's why I said $50.
I've seen blacks and a few maroons, but this is the first blue.
Personally a 3 burner would be a better grill to have.
Hope it works out for you.
 8)
I don't care if you don't like my Avatar, its there for me..

demosthenes9

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2015, 08:58:22 PM »
Depends on what it looks like on the inside.  IF everything (burners, flavorizers, grates, etc) are in tip top shape, then it's an ok price if you either want a grill right now.

These are my price points.

$250 Silver/Gold C (3 burner w/side burner)
$200 Silver/Gold B (3 burner without side burner)
$150 Silver A (2 burner without side burner)

Again, these prices are for grills in almost pristine condition, where you won't have to put any more money into them for 3 or 4 years or so at minimum.    Price that I'd pay decreases with each component that has to be replaced.  EDIT:  Forgot to mention that a propane tank needs to be included at those prices.

That said, I'm with the others.  Hold out for a 3 burner unless you are absolutely convinced that a 2 burner is all you need.  Also, I almost never see Blue's around here either.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2015, 09:10:23 PM by demosthenes9 »

Maxmbob

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2015, 09:31:33 PM »
Thanks for all the responses. I like the color and haven't  seen to many blue ones in my area (Kansas City). I'll keep my eyes open.
I appreciate the help.
WTB, Westerner, glen blue,

Cochise

• WKC Brave
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2015, 10:26:47 PM »
I think that's a bit steep. I got a 3 burner red w/wood Genny for $40 and the seller delivered it. However it needed a lot of restoration. I WOOD keep looking...if you catch my drift.
SMOKE THIS!!

demosthenes9

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2015, 10:45:29 PM »
I think that's a bit steep. I got a 3 burner red w/wood Genny for $40 and the seller delivered it. However it needed a lot of restoration. I WOOD keep looking...if you catch my drift.

Thing with this group and CL is that most of us have probably nabbed an outlier or three here and there.  I picked up a 3 burner Spirit for free that only needed a decent cleaning.  My Gen 2 Performer set me back $45.  The  6 burner Summit 625 that I'm working on now cost me $10.

If you are patient, persistent and on top of things, yeah you can pick up nice grills for really cheap.  But if you just can't wait,.......

Cochise

• WKC Brave
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2015, 07:45:36 PM »
Yeah patience is huge with "OUR THING", I had been keeping my eye out for a redtop with wood for at least 4-5 months before I found one at the right price. My resto is done and I am hoping to get some before after pics up soon. Just found a red Mastertouch to compliment it. Gonna be like peas and carrots....I am stoked!
SMOKE THIS!!

demosthenes9

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2015, 02:20:27 PM »
Yeah patience is huge with "OUR THING", I had been keeping my eye out for a redtop with wood for at least 4-5 months before I found one at the right price. My resto is done and I am hoping to get some before after pics up soon. Just found a red Mastertouch to compliment it. Gonna be like peas and carrots....I am stoked!

Nice.  I wish more colored kettles and gassers popped up around here.  Seriously, it's like Henry Ford was in charge of selling Webers here.  "Any color you want as long as it's black".

Cochise

• WKC Brave
« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2015, 03:07:54 PM »
Lol! Yeah....I don't see too many colors to choose from around Philly either. Kind of got lucky early on finding a green one close to home. It seems like the guys out in the Midwest find colored grills much more frequently. I find myself checking for grills on CL in places like Iowa and Wisconsin and usually see way better deals then my area.
SMOKE THIS!!