Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Big skewers  (Read 1531 times)

austin87

• WKC Ranger
Big skewers
« on: July 13, 2015, 12:10:26 PM »
I picked up some ridiculous 28" kebab skewers and this is the first cook with them: boneless/skinless chicken thighs, onions and peppers, and mushrooms.

Chicken cut into 1.5-2" pieces, seasoned with salt and pepper, garlic powder, cumin, chili powder, cayenne, and paprika, then marinated in puréed onion with lime juice

On the grill

Done

I jammed the chicken on there really tight so I could get a nice crispy/blackened exterior without overlooking the middle, and when it slid off the skewer the individual pieces came right apart.

I can do this open or set the lid right on top of the skewers (picture is them on the 18"). I'm pretty excited to see what else I can turn out on these.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2015, 12:17:24 PM by austin87 »

austin87

• WKC Ranger
Re: Big skewers
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2015, 12:19:46 PM »

One more that's out of focus, but shows the skewers in their entirety.

Matt_T

• WKC Brave
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2015, 12:53:01 PM »
Walk softly and carry a big skewer!

Dang those are big, its almost like roti without the roti...er'something like that. Looks like everything cam out good. Would you recommend them?

Cheers -
Keep it simple stupid

austin87

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2015, 08:27:10 PM »
@Matt_T they were a little expensive, like $35 for 6 of them. You might be able to get them cheaper at a restaurant supply store.

But after 1 cook with them I would say they are a nice thing to have in the arsenal. I think it would be hard to do the same thing and get the same result with a normal sized skewer (most don't stretch all the way across the grill, and I liked that they didn't make contact with the grate).

WNC

• WKC Performer
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2015, 05:15:36 AM »
Dang that chicken looks great!

1buckie

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2015, 07:12:24 AM »
@Matt_T they were a little expensive, like $35 for 6 of them. You might be able to get them cheaper at a restaurant supply store.

But after 1 cook with them I would say they are a nice thing to have in the arsenal. I think it would be hard to do the same thing and get the same result with a normal sized skewer (most don't stretch all the way across the grill, and I liked that they didn't make contact with the grate).

For skewers, I look to the Master.....Hadi,

http://weberkettleclub.com/forums/bbq-food-pics/churrasco-brazilian-bbq/msg143731/#msg143731

In the link, it says to look at sadaf.com....a great place for all kinds of spices also....

Haven't seen him around in awhile, so let's try this:

@BBcue-Z 
"If you want it fancy there is BBQ spray paint at home depot for that. "
    Covered, damper-controlled cooking.....IF YOU PLEASE !!!
           "But the ever versatile kettle reigned supreme"